Retired #9: Brendon Goddard - Retires a winner - Thanks for everything BJ

Remove this Banner Ad

he's a little bit phenomenal.

I'm still pinching myself that he's pretty much gonna play his best footy with us. I know what reaction that would get from a Saints supporter.... fair enough... but equal highest possessions last night. man-love levels peaking!

he's a little bit phenomenal.

I'm still pinching myself that he's pretty much gonna play his best footy with us. I know what reaction that would get from a Saints supporter.... fair enough... but outright highest possessions last night. man-love levels peaking!

efa. He had 2 more touches than Gaz

I have to laugh at how opposition supporters think he hasn't been anywhere near worth what we paid for him.

Sure, he hasn't been that inside midfielder like all the buzz was about, but I could give a s**t if he isn't getting clearances or anything when he has 30-odd quality disposals each week. Clearly more damaging doing what he is currently doing.

I have to laugh at how opposition supporters think he hasn't been anywhere near worth what we paid for him.

opposition supporters have a lot of egg on their faces this year. no mid-year slump, no going into their shells because of the ongoing off-field investigation, no "over the hill" bollocks about Goddard......3rd on the ladder. f.uck the lot of them!

anyone have a picture/gif of the chest pump celebration?

best i could find:

108048-130628-brendon-goddard.jpg

that was a sensational kick for goal. geez he's a good finisher.

could the Saints use a player like that right now :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kong

Watching the late night replay on foxtel right now and Brendon Goddard gives away a 50m penalty for stupidity trying to rough up the kid Greene.

Spot on with your "do as I say, not as I do" observation. Stupidity trying to throw his weight around and giving away petty free kicks and resultant 50m penalties.

he's been off the boil the last few weeks. a bit of the fumbles, plus the opposition have been winding him up and allowing it to get to him. feeling the pressure without Jobe there maybe?

he's been off the boil the last few weeks. a bit of the fumbles, plus the opposition have been winding him up and allowing it to get to him. feeling the pressure without Jobe there maybe?

Probably this. Looks like he'd be a good 2IC but he's too much of a dick to be a truly great leader. He's great at giving a spray when a guy needs it, but he seems to lack that ability to really connect with a guy the way Jobe can.

He'll step it up against Hawthorn. 28 possessions (12 contested), 8 inside 50's, 6 marks, 4 tackles and 2 goals. That's my prediction

I don't think BJ likes being the 'in and under' go to guy.. doesn't do the tough guy thing well just gives away free kicks..

Having said that.. I thought he did OK considering the overall level of play around him.

However he is a big game performer so I agree with ethan.. I reckon he will rip it up next week.

Also.. I am very glad this guy is wearing the sash this year.. going to be very very very handy come finals time!!

well he's had a dream run for the first
Probably this. Looks like he'd be a good 2IC but he's too much of a dick to be a truly great leader. He's great at giving a spray when a guy needs it, but he seems to lack that ability to really connect with a guy the way Jobe can.

good call, agree.

still, what an asset. I'm very much looking forward to Jobe's return in the last few weeks. as I'm sure BJ is too

Kong

Watching the late night replay on foxtel right now and Brendon Goddard gives away a 50m penalty for stupidity trying to rough up the kid Greene.

Spot on with your "do as I say, not as I do" observation. Stupidity trying to throw his weight around and giving away petty free kicks and resultant 50m penalties.

on the flip side. he was one of the few who looked like he legitimately gave a damn yesterday

His game had a St Kilda 2011/12 stench about it. Getting frustrated with the lack of support. But this will change when Hocking/Zaka/Watson all make their way back into the side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back