Player Watch #9: Charlie Spargo

Remove this Banner Ad

Not really related but my mate told me he came into the hawthorn rooms in the late 90s and saw dunstall was getting treatment for an injury, I'm not sure if they were invited to meet dunstall or just got invited back. My mate said that dunstall must have known he was cooked at this point of his career because he apparently point at him and the group of others kids and said "get those ******* kids out of here" something along those lines. A very dunstall thing to say, no harm done, kids would have been old enough to understand the situation, I'm thinking 12/13 year olds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sitting on 96 games.

Played 13 this year for a return of 11 goals, and going below his career average for disposals and tackles.

Was comfortably in the best 22 but now probably behind Chandler and it's hard to see him getting more games unless injury strikes (which it always does I guess).

I cannot see a way that Spargo fits back into the best 22 now.

Chandler is far more dynamic, adds more defensive pressure and actually hits the scoreboard.

Will take an injury to our small forwards for a spit to open up me thinks.

And in nuffy takes presents, from the same people that brought you "Chris Judd will sign with the Dees coz he went for them as a kid" I bring to you "Trade him to Norf for an end of first round comp pick, his Dad used to play there so hell love it, premiership players are always worth more than you think"

Spargo should also be behind Bowey for that HFF spot.

He is wasted in the backline.
Yeah I know.

Really want to see a pre season transition with Bowey. Similar to Rivers where he started training with the midfield group, I want to see that with Bowey training with the forwards/mids.

Chandler also very strong overhead for his size with Spargo aint.

Our small forwards have barely missed any games over the last 3 or so years, so been hard to get games if you're out of the 22.

Feel like Spargs never quite recovered from that head knock. He's had a down year but just 1 injury and he's back in the 22.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back