Player Watch #9: Charlie Spargo

Remove this Banner Ad

I've wanted to say he reminds of Caleb Daniel a little.

Caleb Daniel has lost just about every one on one contest he's ever been in and is next to useless without the ball in hand, so I hope Spargo can do a bit more than him.

Caleb Daniel has lost just about every one on one contest he's ever been in and is next to useless without the ball in hand, so I hope Spargo can do a bit more than him.
Yeah Daniel gets found out down back in any contest. imagine OMac and Spargo down back * me itd be a laugh if it wasnt your own team but it is so thats a no from me dog. Spargos a smart playing but without the ball he is terrible

Well that's Spargo. But Daniel is brilliant at setting up the dogs attacks from the back half. He weights his kicks beautifully

Well that's Spargo. But Daniel is brilliant at setting up the dogs attacks from the back half. He weights his kicks beautifully
Yep it's the weighting of the kicks that I like from Spargo. He's that kid at school footy kick to kick for whom you get a bit more excited seeing he has the ball because you know it's gonna be a nice one to contest.

Daniel gave up a few goals by being cute so as long as he is in the + for the game then it works but wouldnt want to keep tryna dance around players when you can get taken down by an AFLW player. If Spargo had given up those shots this place would be going mental especially only losing by a couple kicks. Cause no one remembers the beautiful kicks he does do

Yep it's the weighting of the kicks that I like from Spargo. He's that kid at school footy kick to kick for whom you get a bit more excited seeing he has the ball because you know it's gonna be a nice one to contest.

Yeah I don't know if we will ever be able to manufacture it but if Spargo could get it 20 times his kicking would create goals

Daniel gave up a few goals by being cute so as long as he is in the + for the game then it works but wouldnt want to keep tryna dance around players when you can get taken down by an AFLW player. If Spargo had given up those shots this place would be going mental especially only losing by a couple kicks. Cause no one remembers the beautiful kicks he does do
Daniel doesn't waste many kicks. Wasn't his best night last night but he's one of the best in their team at hitting a target in the corridor or going inside 50.

Daniel doesn't waste many kicks. Wasn't his best night last night but he's one of the best in their team at hitting a target in the corridor or going inside 50.
Yeah i agree was more pointing out that he does alot good but needs to know his limitations cant keep taking on good tacklers when he is his size. Spargo wouldnt work down back til Lever and May are back Omac and Frost would get him murdered out there. They are very similar but yeah couldnt trust our defense to cover for him right now

Yeah i agree was more pointing out that he does alot good but needs to know his limitations cant keep taking on good tacklers when he is his size. Spargo wouldnt work down back til Lever and May are back Omac and Frost would get him murdered out there. They are very similar but yeah couldnt trust our defense to cover for him right now

I don't think people (G2B) is suggesting he play as a defender, more that he gets his possessions in the back half playing more loose. I.e run behind the ruck or a defender and get a handball

I don't think people (G2B) is suggesting he play as a defender, more that he gets his possessions in the back half playing more loose. I.e run behind the ruck or a defender and get a handball
Yeah or defensive winger but our defenders need to give it to him most the time and he'll obviously be on defensive side til its attack time if ball gets turned over then he'll get exposed. Haha Gawn rates himself so doubt he'll be handballing off much. Just reckon its risky atm til we have our defenders back especially that any forward or mid can just brush him aside and have a crack at goal. But yeah reckon its the role he should be trying to get to cause not really a forward pocket type is he. Hes a hard 1 for me cause he is footy smart and uses it well but 7 touches a tackle and probably 50 broken tackles isnt enough for his 5 good kicks

Yeah or defensive winger but our defenders need to give it to him most the time and he'll obviously be on defensive side til its attack time if ball gets turned over then he'll get exposed. Haha Gawn rates himself so doubt he'll be handballing off much. Just reckon its risky atm til we have our defenders back especially that any forward or mid can just brush him aside and have a crack at goal. But yeah reckon its the role he should be trying to get to cause not really a forward pocket type is he. Hes a hard 1 for me cause he is footy smart and uses it well but 7 touches a tackle and probably 50 broken tackles isnt enough for his 5 good kicks

Oh yeah this isn't a next week suggestion it's a potential one for the future. Kids played like ~15 games.

Having a midfield like ours we should be able to have the luxury of carrying some purely outside types who's job it is to kick. My worry is we seem more focused on making those guys spend a year learning inside footy with McCartney than actually using their skills. Stretch looked a promising winger and now he looks like an undersized inside mid.

Delist.

Doesn't kick goals and doesn't get much of the pill - and doesn't tackle much to make up for it because he is slow. Will never get taller or faster

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Delist.

Doesn't kick goals and doesn't get much of the pill - and doesn't tackle much to make up for it because he is slow. Will never get taller or faster
Harsh. He looked ok last year when we were going ok. 2nd year blues are real and he's got it. Shouldn't have played today. Jeffy should have taken his spot..

Harsh. He looked ok last year when we were going ok. 2nd year blues are real and he's got it. Shouldn't have played today. Jeffy should have taken his spot..
Needs to spend some time in the vfl, he will be ok but we are playing him when he is severely lacking form.

Should never have been selected, the decision making atrocious. Delist asap, send to casey. Its just embarrassing watching it. A dream selection for opposition, playing 665

No good. Will need to reinvent himself at Casey, but i’m not sure where. Laughable he was playing the Mark Jamar memorial role as the option for the get out kick from kickins.

Do you all realize he has a broken jaw?... These guys aren’t robots. He shouldn’t be playing. It looks like 3/4 of our team are not right and we are getting punished because of it. Hopefully this will be the wake up call to stop picking guys who aren’t fit.

Do you all realize he has a broken jaw?... These guys aren’t robots. He shouldn’t be playing. It looks like 3/4 of our team are not right and we are getting punished because of it. Hopefully this will be the wake up call to stop picking guys who aren’t fit.

What are you on about with the jaw?

Unacceptable output, incapable of winning own ball oversees easy exit from demon half . Fascinating the apologists , guess happy with losing culture. Get rid, c'mon city

Charlie Spargo is an excellent young player. He has got lots of footy smarts, is naturally aggressive and he is a goal kicker. He’s struggled this year no doubt, but the kid has a broken jaw. And he’s a small forward playing in a ******* disfunctional forward set up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back