Player Watch #9: Charlie Spargo

Remove this Banner Ad

The top 10 a year out from the draft is a pot luck. I'm just delighted to hear he's a contested animal. Jones is on the way out, and we don't have too many young inside mids developing aside from the obvious few.

The top 10 a year out from the draft is a pot luck. I'm just delighted to hear he's a contested animal. Jones is on the way out, and we don't have too many young inside mids developing aside from the obvious few.

Oliver
Petracca
Brayshaw

Viney and Tyson still under 25, we're doing fine. Spargo will be played mainly forward imo.

Very good pedigree.

His old man was a very good player who kicked a bag of 6 against Hawthorn in their 88 premiership year. Injury wrecked his career.

Good luck to him.

Hawks 88 premiership... hmm nope doesn't ring a bell

I like this pick. I have a good feeling about the kid; competitiveness, aggression and natural footballing ability. Forget about his size - you take the short guy who is hungry and dedicated over the taller guy who never had to earn it, any day.

Another tick for Jason Taylor and his team

Doesn't like as skilled as Caleb Daniel, the obvious comparison, but is a bit taller. Wouldn't say he's short anyway, 172 is a decent enough height.
It’s definitely short for an afl player. Average height is about 187cm. Anyway I’ll be happy to meet a player that I don’t look up to.
Not sure he has the touch of Daniel but he’s a different player and yeah he’s a little taller. Certainly Spargo is much more contested.

Least impressive ‘highlights’ video of all time! Must have something for JT yo call him out first but that highlights reel does him no favours at all.

I'm sure the recruiting department did a little more research than 2 and half min video clip.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doesn't like as skilled as Caleb Daniel, the obvious comparison, but is a bit taller. Wouldn't say he's short anyway, 172 is a decent enough height.
Nothing wrong with it, but he is decidedly short against a background of not short people. He made Tim Smith look like Gawn.

Only 2cm shorter than Dayne Zorko. Good enough for me. Toby Greene is 182cm - do not believe that.

Zorko and Spargo are both short, both play AFL and both have magician names. Simply too many similarities for the club to ignore at our first draft pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back