AFL Player # 9: Dylan Shiel - Pulls out of VFL comeback with slight abdominal strain - 25/3

Remove this Banner Ad

09 - shiel.jpg

Contract Status: Out of contract 2024 2025
My Boy Draft 2024: Pick 35, eth-dog

Last edited by a moderator:

Foxx

Premiership Player
Jul 18, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Ok yes, not at butcher level. More like deli. Needs to lift the 60 odd % disposal efficiency. The only part of his game that's letting him down.

Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
Shiel’s disposal is elite, not sure anyone has actually watched enough of him instead of looking at stats

He’s pretty good when settled but at pace he shanks it often. Certainly not in the calibre of a Lovett who used the ball exceptional well at pace.

Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
That’s the hardest kick to pull off even for the very best kickers

Sure, but he still does too often to be considered a great kick. Needs to settle more or simply hit the hard kicks to be considered an elite disposer IMO.

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Anybody who quotes DE% as a statistic should be shot. Second worst stat in the AFL behind those absolutely useless "pressure acts"
I want you to look at the top 5 this year for pressure acts and make a case for how those players shouldn’t be there, if you can’t then you can’t possibly have it as the worst, kicking efficiency always favours defenders which everyone should know by now.

I want you to look at the top 5 this year for pressure acts and make a case for how those players shouldn’t be there, if you can’t then you can’t possibly have it as the worst, kicking efficiency always favours defenders which everyone should know by now.
Mate, Champion Data themselves want to boot pressure acts as a stat because it means nothing. A broken tackle counts as a pressure act. Anybody who quotes it deserves to be ridiculed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back