AFL Player # 9: Dylan Shiel

Remove this Banner Ad

Obviously you didnt listen to trade radio.

Barrett declared breathlessly about 7.45 "Carlton have put next years first rounder on the table, they're ready to do the deal. So Adrian Dodoro has stuffed this by only putting 2 first rounders on the table."

Did he really say that?

Like, "like" like him?
tenor.gif

Yes Barrett is a complete tool and has built a whole segment to demonstrate his complete ignorance of what a sliding door scenario actually is ... which really gets under my skin. However, let's be clear on what he said.

He said Carlton have next year's 1st round pick on the table, expected to be top 4. He also said Dodoro stuffed up by not offering two 1st round draft picks.

I doubt that is actually true. He almost certainly had 2 1sts on the table and was haggling over what was coming back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That list on the whiteboard in the background is our rankings for players in order of preference for this upcoming draft. :sweatsmile:

Luckily for us we're picking at 34. But still a bit of a brain fade.

Are you sure?

Adrians Day.jpg

Just so that everyone knows what type of player we're getting, Shiel averaged more clearances in 2017 than Luke Parker, Ollie Wines, Rory Sloane, Tom Mitchell, Joel Selwood and Nat Fyfe with 6.4 per game (ranked equal 9th). Averaged the same amount as Dustin Martin. For perspective, that's what Clayton Oliver averaged this year.
He was also 4th in the comp for centre clearances behind only Selwood, Ablett and Martin.

He is already our best inside mid. I think he'll be one of the competition's best with us

Just so that everyone knows what type of player we're getting, Shiel averaged more clearances in 2017 than Luke Parker, Ollie Wines, Rory Sloane, Tom Mitchell, Joel Selwood and Nat Fyfe with 6.4 per game (ranked equal 9th). Averaged the same amount as Dustin Martin. For perspective, that's what Clayton Oliver averaged this year.
He was also 4th in the comp for centre clearances behind only Selwood, Ablett and Martin.

He is already our best inside mid. I think he'll be one of the competition's best with us

Is he tagged at all?

He'll thrive now that he can go back to playing the role he knows best. Just like Devon Smith, we're about to see career best football from Shiel.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back