AFL Player # 9: Dylan Shiel

Remove this Banner Ad

Could be worse, he could be Adam Treloar.

Picked Collingwood over Richmond because they “had a better list” and in the last 3 years he’s:
Watched Richmond win a flag

Lose a Grand final in the dying minutes

Get knocked out in a prelim by his old club and will watch either GWS or Richmond win one next week.

That’s gotta hurt

Picked Collingwood over Richmond because they “had a better list” and in the last 3 years he’s:

Get knocked out in a prelim by his old club and will watch either GWS or Richmond win one next week.

That’s gotta hurt
I mean, to be completely honest, I don't think he (or Tay Adams) would be regretting their decisions one bit.

OT: All this negative talk about Shiel is ridiculous. He had a B grade season sure, but that's a pretty good outcome considering we had a C grade season as a club.

The next year or two under Truck/Caracella should see him flourish. Can't expect week-after-week BOG performances from a midfielder at a new (heavily underperforming) club, who doesn't even know who his other genuine mids are.

Plus, I think we're all forgetting- if Dodo didn't do this trade and used the picks himself, we'd have ended up with two more spuds who play 35 games over 7 years. So I think we'll be far better off in the long run.

That’s gotta hurt

The mouthy little * is one of my most disliked players just for that head alone. Saw him being lippy in the first half a couple of times too despite having done sfa

Like a morgue in here.

He's probably ecstatic for his mates, and happy for them beating the Collingwood flogs

He’ll act that way because he’s pretty classy, but mostly he’ll be jealous as all *. Guarantee it. Any serious footballer would be.

And yeah, probably staring at the ceiling a few nights this week as he contemplates his former club playing in a GF while his middling current club look like losing their no. 1 key player.

He’ll also get over it pretty quickly I reckon and convert that energy into drive to get there himself. Not like he can turn back time to twelve months ago and stay at GWS, so he’ll soon resolve to work harder. He has a long way to go in his career.

He’ll be dirty this week, no need to deny it, it’ll be a good thing for us in the medium to long term.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’ll act that way because he’s pretty classy, but mostly he’ll be jealous as all fu**. Guarantee it. Any serious footballer would be.

And yeah, probably staring at the ceiling a few nights this week as he contemplates his former club playing in a GF while his middling current club look like losing their no. 1 key player.

He’ll also get over it pretty quickly I reckon and convert that energy into drive to get there himself. Not like he can turn back time to twelve months ago and stay at GWS, so he’ll soon resolve to work harder. He has a long way to go in his career.

He’ll be dirty this week, no need to deny it, it’ll be a good thing for us in the medium to long term.

This sums it up. To be good at AFL level you need a bit of ego so he will have been annoyed even if he was also happy for a few of his mates. In the end he will most likely be not feeling as bad given they got spanked.

He’ll act that way because he’s pretty classy, but mostly he’ll be jealous as all fu**. Guarantee it. Any serious footballer would be.

And he breathes a sigh of relief. Can't imagine a more demoralising defeat than an insipid grand final showing. At least you can take something out of a close loss.

And he breathes a sigh of relief. Can't imagine a more demoralising defeat than an insipid grand final showing. At least you can take something out of a close loss.
I wonder if they'll play the richmond song on the bus to pre-season camp?

Him and Cutler around Tulla. We're going to have some father/son opportunities in about 18 years time.
Cutler needs to play 100 for us. Not sure if he's a 5 full seasons player quite yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back