AFL Player # 9: Dylan Shiel

Remove this Banner Ad

To be fair, the headline is a bit misleading but the article itself has some interesting stuff in there.
Yeah that's why I posted it here :p I didn't realise it was a McGowan article when it first popped up, assumed it was Damo and chose not to click. Ended up there by a different route and it was actually interesting.

He’s played in front of big crowds in finals before. 94k in the final against Richmond in 2017 (before Cotchin cleaned him up) and last year in the final against Pies, think it was mid 70k in that one. Maybe it’s confirmed now that he chokes in the massive games.
Are you seriously suggesting Dylan Shiel choked on Anzac Day? Surely not. Really? Nah, you cant be serious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol this article.

Is new Bomber the AFLs Turnover King?
Short answer: No.
Slightly longer answer: Gaff and O'Meara are.

🤣

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-04-30/stats-files-is-new-bomber-the-afls-turnover-king

The title is clearly bait but there is some interesting information in the post.

I love the analysis on kicking accuracy vs expectations. Adjusting kicking accuracy for difficulty is the type of thing I wish we'd see a little more of. Interesting that Conor McKenna ranks quite highly by that measure given many of us have criticised him for decision-making.

Also the information confirms my long held suspicions that Gaff is the league's most overrated player. So that's nice.

His DE% is a fair bit down this year on his career average. I'd attribute that to small sample size and new teammates rather than anything drastic.

Needs to lower the eyes a little bit and sometimes he has more time that perhaps he realises.

Still, at worse, he has been Essendon's second best midfielder this year and probably our most consistent performer. Also haven't had a player win this many clearances per game since Jobe in 2012.

I rest my case.

$700,000 divided by 22 is around 30k per game.

What a monumental waste of money.

Can not handle any pressure whatsoever.

Oh...but he’s so good looking and cut.

So gorgeous.

Get ####ed all you Shiel loving fan boys.

You were warned and blinded by the hype.

Now the chickens have come home to roost.

Cockle doodle ####ing doo.

I rest my case.

So gorgeous.

Wow talk about a childish melt. He copped a hard tag, was held all night without any help from the umpires or his teammates, but still tried his guts out, notched up 8 tackles, 7 clearances and got off the leash in the last quarter.

You are clueless bashing your new Stanton.

I rest my case.

So gorgeous.

Don't hate him cos you ain't him

Wow talk about a childish melt. He copped a hard tag, was held all night without any help from the umpires or his teammates, but still tried his guts out, notched up 8 tackles, 7 clearances and got off the leash in the last quarter.

You are clueless bashing your new Stanton.

Lol...you just answered your own pathetic question you know you’re asking yourself about him!

Can’t handle pressure at all.

Goes to water.

Weak as ####. Soft as butter.

Just like good old bomber boy Stanton.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back