AFL Player # 9: Dylan Shiel - Pulls out of VFL comeback with slight abdominal strain - 25/3

Remove this Banner Ad

09 - shiel.jpg

Contract Status: Out of contract 2024 2025
My Boy Draft 2024: Pick 35, eth-dog

Last edited by a moderator:

ChampTurboBucko

All Australian
Jul 17, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
I rest my case.

$700,000 divided by 22 is around 30k per game.

What a monumental waste of money.

Can not handle any pressure whatsoever.

Oh...but he’s so good looking and cut.

So gorgeous.

Get ####ed all you Shiel loving fan boys.

You were warned and blinded by the hype.

Now the chickens have come home to roost.

Cockle doodle ####ing doo.
One of the worst posts ever seen on this board.

I don’t hate him.

I just don’t give a #### about soft recruits brought in to be paid astronomical amounts of money to improve our side.

Go ahead....defend him...I won’t hold it against you.
okay then...
what do you mean by soft though? Are you legitimately calling Dylan Shiel soft, as in not tough? could you take him in a fight?
also what is astronomical amounts of money? relatively speaking for what he does? and compared to you and your place in your profession for instance? Are you more valuable for your company in your industry for example? what's your wage compared to others in your industry - give me some context?

Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
The price tag is hefty, but his individual contributions have done nothing to warrant this level of negativity.

One handpass at halftime in the toughest ground of all to play in....

Says it all.

I don’t blame him.

I blame our stupid club officals and that ####wit Doddo for believing he’d make any kind of difference to this side with hardness and skill.

Throwing all that cash at him lol

Hawthorn would be laughing their butthholes off right now at our stupidity

Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
okay then...
what do you mean by soft though? Are you legitimately calling Dylan Shiel soft, as in not tough? could you take him in a fight?
also what is astronomical amounts of money? relatively speaking for what he does? and compared to you and your place in your profession for instance? Are you more valuable for your company in your industry for example? what's your wage compared to others in your industry - give me some context?

Yeah...not tough.

Is it that hard to understand?

Oh yeah of course! How silly of me 🙄

No one is blocking for Dylan!

How did I not see that?

All is forgiven.

Love ya Dylan. Go forth and conquer buddy.

George Hewett is the best tagger in footy, and Zak Jones was helping him.

No one was helping Shiel

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has anyone ever helped Joel Selwood get the ball with blocks since the day he debuted?

Get a grip on reality son.
Um, yes. Literally every game he plays. That's why Geelong are so good.

Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Um, yes. Literally every game he plays. That's why Geelong are so good.

Umm sorry, no, you’re wrong mate.

That bloke is one of the hardest nuts to have ever played the game (like Voss) and has put his head over the ball risking life and limb since his first game at what? 18 or 19 years of age?

He doesn’t need others to ‘ block’ for him every time.

The amount of hard ball gets he’s got over his career is staggering...all from his relentless determination and unwavering courage.

If you don’t believe that then you don’t have a friggin clue what it takes to be an elite midfielder in the hardest football game on earth.

Has anyone ever helped Joel Selwood get the ball with blocks since the day he debuted?

Get a grip on reality son.

You can’t genuinely think that, I refuse to believe you could be paying that little attention while posting on here so often

Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
You can’t genuinely think that, I refuse to believe you could be paying that little attention while posting on here so often

Well my friend, youll just have to believe that I think Duckwood is a very very good player who is as tough as #### despite the negative narratives that get attached to him.

Yes he gets a bit of a hand with blocks here and there...but so did Judd...time and time again.

No one talks about how many effective blocks Judd in his career do they?

You know why? Because it’s stupid to even contemplate that’s why.

If Selwood was a bomber he’d be up there in legend status with Daisy Williams and Jobe for putting their skulls in the line of fire over and over again.

Well my friend, youll just have to believe that I think Duckwood is a very very good player who is as tough as #### despite the negative narratives that get attached to him.

Yes he gets a bit of a hand with blocks here and there...but so did Judd...time and time again.

No one talks about how many effective blocks Judd in his career do they?

You know why? Because it’s stupid to even contemplate that’s why.

If Selwood was a bomber he’d be up there in legend status with Daisy Williams and Jobe for putting their skulls in the line of fire over and over again.

Could have sworn you just said no one ever blocks for Selwood...

Dustin Martin is a dogshit two way runner and defender and is only as good as he is because 4-5 other no name role players do all his defensive running and tackling for him. Where’s the cohesion? Where’s the teamwork?

I rest my case.

$700,000 divided by 22 is around 30k per game.

What a monumental waste of money.

Can not handle any pressure whatsoever.

Oh...but he’s so good looking and cut.

So gorgeous.

Get ####ed all you Shiel loving fan boys.

You were warned and blinded by the hype.

Now the chickens have come home to roost.

Cockle doodle ####ing doo.

Flew down to the Anzac game and could believe how many times he turned it over, has always been his flaw and know as a butcher

Then you have Heppell next to him the middle doing the same

Not a good combo when you have the top 2 in turnovers

1 Dyson HeppellBombers 51
2 Dylan ShielBombers 49

Then Dylan'S DE% is getting worst yes he always have the odd good game where its higher, but when your breaking out of the middle setting it up and you cant hit the target, will just go back over his head

Last night DE41.2%,

His tackle count is high because he has to work so hard to win the ball back after his turnovers

Also agree with your comments regarding Selwood and other quality players

Back