AFL Player # 9: Dylan Shiel

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey all,
Posted a Tipungwuti 2019 highlight reel which is in his player thread the other day. Will be continuing these and posting them in their respective player threads as per board rules, here's Dylan Shiel's.
If you'd like to subscribe to my channel it'd be much appreciated; https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwlfLRnEgIdb_bnsm9YtURw

Dylan Shiel

Enjoy.

Started round one with a bang - Some chance for the Brownlow if he gets off to a flying start when the AFL resumes.
To be fair every player in the comp is a chance for the Brownlow if they got off to a flying start.

He seems to be a rocking a bit of a Gareth Bale look atm.

Keen to see more games like RD1. I think we're all yet to see just how good he can be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really pleased with how he handled the heavy tag tonight, busted his ass in there and certainly deserved a chop out from his fellow mids with barely any blocks

He finished with 19 disposals with 14 contested which isn’t a bad effort at all considering

We haven't had a regular playing mid that would constantly block since Hocking. :(

Really pleased with how he handled the heavy tag tonight, busted his ass in there and certainly deserved a chop out from his fellow mids with barely any blocks

He finished with 19 disposals with 14 contested which isn’t a bad effort at all considering
Would have been nice if we had anyone angry enough to put some physical pressure on his opponent at times. What we would give for another young heath Hocking to come through.

Was it just me or did he look like he was just containing how miffed he was in the post match interview? I'm glad he's in leadership; seems like the kinda bloke that wouldn't suffer mediocrity lightly. Just hope he can make some headway into changing the perceived culture we have going currently.

One of Clarke or Hibberd would be welcome to come in for Merrett against the pies

I just do not rate Clarke's kicking. It is not AFL standard and it got exposed in a few of his last games which is why he was left out. Love the way he plays but sides know they can get him under pressure. Would like to get a look at Hibbered as his VFL midfield craft is not just about being big and strong so I am interested to see if he can find the next step to translate that into AFL footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back