AFL Player # 9: Dylan Shiel

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s not a surprise at all these days.

It’s not the Essendon I grew up with.
I know. How long have I been crapping on about our piss poor defense , lack of leadership and the fact that we just do not do team footy.
I am more annoyed I got seduced by the back end of last year where they did improve some of the team stuff. I walked out on a ledge I said I would never walk out on until the proved they could do it for a few seasons.
This is what happens
wile%2Be%2Bcoyote%2B2.gif

I know. How long have I been crapping on about our piss poor defense , lack of leadership and the fact that we just do not do team footy.
I am more annoyed I got seduced by the back end of last year where they did improve some of the team stuff. I walked out on a ledge I said I would never walk out on until the proved they could do it for a few seasons.
This is what happens
wile%2Be%2Bcoyote%2B2.gif
They fooled us all mate.

There was an interesting moment last night where Jude Bolton observed the only bloke out there organising and using voice was Heppell.

His defensive abilities may not be great and yeah maybe he could go harder but not all players do. Thing is though that incident that Parker refers to he didn’t do much wrong. He got the ball first and lost the ball in a tackle …happens all the time. Just a **** act by Parker

They fooled us all mate.

There was an interesting moment last night where Jude Bolton observed the only bloke out there organising and using voice was Heppell.
And that is why he’s not droppable at the moment. Ridley played like he was still sick but that’s not much solace.

I personally thought this was more cringe on Parker’s part than anyone else. No one is even looking at him, but he goes with the theatrical shrug 4 times anyway? Maybe he thought he’d look cool on camera.
I hope Parker is embarrassed when they play this over and over this week as should all Essendon players who didn't let him know all about it.
Parker has lost any respect I had for him and it burns me that someone didn't land one on his f'n chin.

His defensive abilities may not be great and yeah maybe he could go harder but not all players do. Thing is though that incident that Parker refers to he didn’t do much wrong. He got the ball first and lost the ball in a tackle …happens all the time. Just a **** act by Parker
Exactly!!
He was putting his body on the line here and lost the ball in a tackle. He did nothing wrong here and did not shirk the contest.

Exactly!!
He was putting his body on the line here and lost the ball in a tackle. He did nothing wrong here and did not shirk the contest.
It’s probably not an attack on just this one contest, Parker is mocking the overall team for not applying any physical pressure and Shiel is the outlet. Cringe by Parker and very entitled. But look at the stats… he’s right.

It’s probably not an attack on just this one contest, Parker is mocking the overall team for not applying any physical pressure and Shiel is the outlet. Cringe by Parker and very entitled. But look at the stats… he’s right.
Nah it was an arrogant act but a **** on a team that’s been looked after by the AFL for years. Uncalled for. He has teammates who aren’t that ‘courageous’ either. If it’s directed at the whole team it’s even more arrogant

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spot on Lloydy, someone should have buried Parker.
Lloyd calls it as it is, we are pathetic and nothing will change next week because that is where we are at.
Lloyd is right but he is a hypocrite as this s**t started under his watch as captain. It was his me , what about me as captain that has lead us here. Now he sits back and takes pot shots. What he says is correct but did anyone do it under his leadership ? All he did was throw young blokes under the bus.

lol what the * would purple know about game day aggression.

essendon is a soft utensil club full of soft utensils.

this was fostered under woosha abecause we want players to be happy rofl

Dylan Shiel isn't that sort of player to do it. A little bit of physical pressure and he goes to water. That's what they're saying and that's what's happening. No point apologising and softening the message.

Lloyd is right but he is a hypocrite as this s**t started under his watch as captain. It was his me , what about me as captain that has lead us here. Now he sits back and takes pot shots. What he says is correct but did anyone do it under his leadership ? All he did was throw young blokes under the bus.

Hard disagree on laying any blame on Lloyd. I put that down to coaches playing favourites which has been a major issue for 15 years. Guys were getting games well after they were past it, which set the tone and lead to a degradation of culture.

It continued on for years - Welsh, McVeigh, Hille, McPhee and countless others who were not punished for poor performances in their respective twilight years.

I agree with a lot of what you say but this one I don’t see Lloyd being a contributing factor back then. It was club arrogance that drove this culture.

No real surprise no one did nothing. They never do. McDonald bashed him all game in 2020.
I would appear that it is odds on there is a fracture in the playing group.
Fracture with him and the rest of the group or the group entirely fractured. Lloyd summed it up well on the footy show shiel has a great opportunity to get him back in the very next centre bounce and didn’t even lay any body pressure. No one stood up for merrett either, such a soft group of players we have.

Shiel (or someone else) could of hit Parker with a pretty good side on hip and shoulder that would of been hard, put Parker into the ground but would of been fair.
And if not fair, oh well.
Shiel got two weeks off for a high bump on idk who in like 2019 or 2020, early in the year. He hasn't been as physically committed to the game ever since.

Shiel got two weeks off for a high bump on idk who in like 2019 or 2020, early in the year. He hasn't been as physically committed to the game ever since.

That's the disappointing part.

At 0:48 Shiel (or someone) could of given Parker a pretty good hip. I guess Parker may of turned a little and it ended up a shirt front which is your reference too.

Fracture with him and the rest of the group or the group entirely fractured. Lloyd summed it up well on the footy show shiel has a great opportunity to get him back in the very next centre bounce and didn’t even lay any body pressure. No one stood up for merrett either, such a soft group of players we have.
I didn't realise at the time that Shiel had the opportunity at the very next bounce to smash Parker, unfortunately it's not in Shiel to do so which tells you a lot about his level of competiveness.
There's not many in our team that you'd like in the trenches with you, a very soft group !

I didn't realise at the time that Shiel had the opportunity at the very next bounce to smash Parker, unfortunately it's not in Shiel to do so which tells you a lot about his level of competiveness.
There's not many in our team that you'd like in the trenches with you, a very soft group !

this is why devon smith is underrated.

he would have belted him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back