Retired 9. Jack Steven (2020 -2021)

Captain chaos

Club Legend
Jul 13, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
I think we r delusional... he was as fat as a house and is rising 29. We were hoping inna similiar vein we would see the best of dalhus ( circa 16) when we got him but we havent. Hoping guys will return to their former glory is fools gold for mine.

I think we r delusional... he was as fat as a house and is rising 29. We were hoping inna similiar vein we would see the best of dalhus ( circa 16) when we got him but we havent. Hoping guys will return to their former glory is fools gold for mine.

Dahlhaus was an excellent acquisition for Geelong last year...finished in the top half dozen in our B&F as well...and certainly played better for us than he did for the Dogs in 2018...so not much sense in using him as an example to support your theory...

Jack Steven was a no-brainer...a class player...for pick 58...not an iota of evidence he wont remain a class player in 2020.

PS: Cut the underlining .. it adds nothing to your post.

Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs
He ain’t going to be anything near what Kelly produced this year IMO (I hope I’m wrong), but Steven will be a solid addition, he will be much better once fit and enjoying his footy again, adds a different look to our midfield/forward set up.

Jenkins is he big one, if he and Hawkins can form a strong partnership, we’ll be up around top 4 again in 2020.

Captain chaos

Club Legend
Jul 13, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Dahlhaus was an excellent acquisition for Geelong last year...finished in the top half dozen in our B&F as well...and certainly played better for us than he did for the Dogs in 2018...so not much sense in using him as an example to support your theory...

Jack Steven was a no-brainer...a class player...for pick 58...not an iota of evidence he wont remain a class player in 2020.

PS: Cut the underlining .. it adds nothing to your post.

Undermining? Get knicked... its called an opinion. I wont be bullied becusse you disagree. We thought a new encironment would give us the 2016 version of him.. we didnt get that. Finals not good.

I dont think stevens will get even close to his old form... there is a lot going on in his life atm .

Undermining? Get knicked... its called an opinion. I wont be bullied becusse you disagree. We thought a new encironment would give us the 2016 version of him.. we didnt get that. Finals not good.

I dont think stevens will get even close to his old form... there is a lot going on in his life atm .

Underlining, not undermining.

Underlining is like caps....so just stop it.......I'll just delete every one from now on.....

BTW...Its nothing to do with the opinion you expressed. ...even though I didnt agree...

Have a happy day.

Captain chaos

Club Legend
Jul 13, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Underlining, not undermining.

Underlining is like caps....so just stop it.......I'll just delete every one from now on.....

BTW...Its nothing to do with the opinion you expressed. ...even though I didnt agree...

Have a happy day.

What underlining?i had no idea it was doing that!

What underlining?i had no idea it was doing that!

Just check back to #203....you will see that 100% of your post is underlined.

You must have hit the "U" button by mistake....

No biggy...accidents happen.

May 18, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Did you see him in the presser. He looks in reasonable shape already.

Ratcat

Premiership Player
Aug 28, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong

Entitled to your opinion, but l think Steven is way better than Dal and will be a big contributor, he's a very very good player. He's like won the same as 4 carji's in row and career high 47 disposals.
So cheap it's a joke ....what P5?

Last edited:

No we weren't - neither the club or Dahlhaus ever discussed him playing as per 2015 or 2016

Back in those years he was running predominately through the midfield which was never going to be his role at Geelong.

He was bought to Geelong to play predominately as a pressure forward who could also run up the field as needed - he's 0.6 goals per game is right around his career average of 0.7, he's not a big goal kicker, his 4.8 tackles is his most since 2016, and he was super consistent during the year

If you compare his efforts to that of a full-time midfielder than of course it's going to look like he's come up short - instead look at the role he was actually playing, and the role he was recruited to play and you see he clearly had a successful year

Sep 26, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
No we weren't - neither the club or Dahlhaus ever discussed him playing as per 2015 or 2016

Back in those years he was running predominately through the midfield which was never going to be his role at Geelong.

He was bought to Geelong to play predominately as a pressure forward who could also run up the field as needed - he's 0.6 goals per game is right around his career average of 0.7, he's not a big goal kicker, his 4.8 tackles is his most since 2016, and he was super consistent during the year

If you compare his efforts to that of a full-time midfielder than of course it's going to look like he's come up short - instead look at the role he was actually playing, and the role he was recruited to play and you see he clearly had a successful year
He always went 100% every game even if he wasn’t having a good one , the kids and dare I say some of the senior players could learn a lot from that.

he’s been a great pick up so far

Moggy

Premiership Player
Sep 7, 2012
Oslo
AFL Club
Geelong

He’s pretty much like Danger, but can kick straight and is not a power marker.

Actually looked to me more like a burlier Gaz Junior circa 2014. Quick, evasive and very dangerous by foot. Perhaps less polish but more mongrel.

If we can reproduce his best form he will be in our top 5. Good luck to him - and us!

Last edited:

Moggy

Premiership Player
Sep 7, 2012
Oslo
AFL Club
Geelong
Loving the bitching on Twitter

Apparently Geelong's & Wells behaviour is disgusting, we took advantage of the situation, we are hypocrites for requesting overs for Kelly but not offering fair value for Steven, it's a one way street at Geelong and all me me me, blah blah blah

It's great for a laugh
Its great to come out even or even in front on a trade - for a change!

Last edited:

MelbCat

All Australian
Sep 21, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Liverpool
Any idea to what number he wore as a junior?
Most incoming player's have chosen there junior numbers

Shadow89

Cancelled
10k Posts AFL Fantasy Div 6+ Winner 2021
Feb 20, 2018
Any idea to what number he wore as a junior?
Most incoming player's have chosen there junior numbers

Steven strikes me as a 'No. 9' sort of player. Definitely would suit him. Either that or all the supporters who bought TK jumpers, can just jump on the Steven train if he gets given No. 11, haha.

Spearman

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 15, 2017
expatriated in East Asia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ohio State Buckeyes
How trim was he on his return this year? I'd be really concerned if he has lost all that weight only since the end of the season.
Still like all veteran recruits, hope he can play with some form and find an effective role in the squad.

MelbCat

All Australian
Sep 21, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Liverpool
Steven strikes me as a 'No. 9' sort of player. Definitely would suit him. Either that or all the supporters who bought TK jumpers, can just jump on the Steven train if he gets given No. 11, haha.
I thought the same thing about 9 with him. Dollhouse Rohan and Danger all went there junior numbers

I thought the same thing about 9 with him. Dollhouse Rohan and Danger all went there junior numbers

For which junior team did Rohan wear #23? At the Falcons he wore #48, so if 23 is a junior number it's a real junior number

As for Steven wearing his junior number or his Falcons number, I'm thinking it's highly unlikely - not sure Joel will be moving on from #14

Captain chaos

Club Legend
Jul 13, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
He always went 100% every game even if he wasn’t having a good one , the kids and dare I say some of the senior players could learn a lot from that.

he’s been a great pick up so far

Wow! He will be Tim Kelly soon! I am not sure he helped us much in the finals when the heat was on. I hope I am wrong about JAck but the mental health stuff doesn't always go away quickly.

Wow! He will be Tim Kelly soon! I am not sure he helped us much in the finals when the heat was on. I hope I am wrong about JAck but the mental health stuff doesn't always go away quickly.
I don’t think it’s a health issue that just emerged for Jack in 2019

Back