Senior 9. Kerryn Peterson

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds great. Melbourne just picked up a rookie this afternoon as well. A fellow basketball player and Carlton supporter. I wonder who will be the better pickup by the end of the 2018 season for comparison.

New AFLW rulings for next season mean rookies can only be used as injury replacement players, so we probably won't see Harrington or Gay until later in the season. This ruling is why clubs were allowed to sign an extra rookie and why lists grew by 3 spots to overcome the toll injuries were taking on clubs.

Fantastic that they're being fast-tracked, but how many national draft selections do we have at this point?

Also, does this mean we can capture more code hoppers and Cat B types?
Back again to ask these questions... we've signed our two Cat B-equivalent rookies to the primary list now, so does this mean we can pre-list two more?

cc The_Wookie drunkill

I don't know, to be honest. I suppose we can, given the season hasn't begun yet and there is still room on our list.
Just an update via Damien Keeping's comments on the club site: we've got 3 picks for the rookie draft.

I'm assuming the state restrictions still apply?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harrington relishing new opportunity

“I can’t speak more highly of it (club culture). The work we’ve done with the coaching staff and the physical performance staff have prepared us so well - there’s such a genuine care for each other between players and staff.

Harrington relishing new opportunity

HarringtonRd1Image.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back