Player Watch #9: Luke Davies-Uniacke - Shacked up with A.Bonar and back in training.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bigeasy

I'm here for the buffet
Apr 9, 2008
The Ponderosa
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Hammers & Steelers
He was an alcoholic, shot, his son was murdered, his wife was murdered, one of his partners was murdered and another died of heart disease. And he sweats when he eats. Tough gig.
A bit unfair with that assessment. List his negatives too for a balanced view.

Nutjob

All Australian
Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I saw Nick Maxwell squib several times early days. One incident in particular where he got absolutely canned by the commentators. As he matured and became more of a leader, the rest took care of itself. He wasn’t the most gifted player, but as he took on more leadership and responsibility, his game evolved and he finished his career as a premiership captain who would bleed for the club.
I’m not comparing LDU to Maxwell as players, but sometimes giving a player more responsibility can do wonders for the other areas of their game.
I think LDU aspiring to be a leader will do wonders for his intensity, professionalism and will to win.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

JeanLucGoddard

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 21, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I saw Nick Maxwell squib several times early days. One incident in particular where he got absolutely canned by the commentators. As he matured and became more of a leader, the rest took care of itself. He wasn’t the most gifted player, but as he took on more leadership and responsibility, his game evolved and he finished his career as a premiership captain who would bleed for the club.
I’m not comparing LDU to Maxwell as players, but sometimes giving a player more responsibility can do wonders for the other areas of their game.
I think LDU aspiring to be a leader will do wonders for his intensity, professionalism and will to win.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I saw Anthony Stevens take a shocking short step in one of his first games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

gokangas

Premium Platinum
Jan 16, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Storm - Victory
But in all seriouslyness, Beckham used to stay behind after training every session and hit 100 free kicks. Wind, rain, sleet, shine.

LDU could learn from that.
I asked a Carlton player once why Judd was so good. Same response - first to training and last back in the shed, every time. Trained the house down until the day he retired.

JeanLucGoddard

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 21, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I asked a Carlton player once why Judd was so good. Same response - first to training and last back in the shed, every time. Trained the house down until the day he retired.
One W. Carey was noted for that too.

Thing with Beckham and his frees is that rather than doing extra work on what he weak at, he made what he was good at even better.

He and his coaches addressed his weaknesses in normal training, as you'd expect.

But in his own time he made what he was really good at even better.

Top Bottom