Player Watch #9: Luke Davies-Uniacke - signs until end 2025! Runner up in the 2022 Syd Barker Medal Award

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
One W. Carey was noted for that too.

Thing with Beckham and his frees is that rather than doing extra work on what he weak at, he made what he was good at even better.

He and his coaches addressed his weaknesses in normal training, as you'd expect.

But in his own time he made what he was really good at even better.

Bit of a tangent, but I heard Melbournes fitness bloke Darren Burgess talking about the main difference between soccer and footy training earlier in the week, soccer training is 95% skilled based, where footy has a higher emphasis on fitness.

LDU does things the LDU way.

LDU having a muckabout before training:

images
He's having a kickabout in shoes probably that expensive I'd be afraid to wear them outside the house.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Bit of a tangent, but I heard Melbournes fitness bloke Darren Burgess talking about the main difference between soccer and footy training earlier in the week, soccer training is 95% skilled based, where footy has a higher emphasis on fitness.

Exactly, you don't require anywhere near the same levels of aerobic fitness to play soccer.

They sometimes play three games in a week.

Exactly, you don't require anywhere near the same levels of aerobic fitness to play soccer.

They sometimes play three games in a week.

Huh?

The opposite.

They run between 11-15km's in a game in the EPL.....

They also get less breaks than AFL players, there's more stoppages in an AFL game than fouls, throw ins and corners in a football games. It's one of the more continuous sports out there.

they also do it in 90 minutes, not in 120 minutes. On the lower end of the spectrum, soccer players run around 122m's per minute vs 125m per minute. There's barely anything in it.

AFL is the fitter sport because of the tackling aspect, meaning they are much bigger bodies covering these km's and require to be a lot more anaerobically fit. Not really the aerobic and running component, they are quite similar.

The fact that they play 3 games a week between comps somtimes is because of the lack of physical contact in most cases and not getting as sore for recovery, but backing up a few days later generally probably means they are actually aerobically fitter than most AFL players.

1573770597202.png

Last edited:
Huh?

The opposite.

They run between 11-15km's in a game in the EPL.....

They also get less breaks than AFL players, there's more stoppages in an AFL game than fouls, throw ins and corners in a football games. It's one of the more continuous sports out there.

they also do it in 90 minutes, not in 120 minutes. On the lower end of the spectrum, soccer players run around 122m's per minute vs 125m per minute. There's barely anything in it.

AFL is the fitter sport because of the tackling aspect, meaning they are much bigger bodies covering these km's and require to be a lot more anaerobically fit. Not really the aerobic and running component, they are quite similar.

The fact that they play 3 games a week between comps somtimes is because of the lack of physical contact in most cases and not getting as sore for recovery, but backing up a few days later generally probably means they are actually aerobically fitter than most AFL players.

View attachment 779358

For some players sure, box to box mids.

But many players, especially defenders and forwards, do far less running.

The pace of the game is far slower too.

While I appreciate patience in development etc, I'd be lying if I didn't expect him to have shown more at senior level thus far.

That's not predicting his demise but I imagined his 1st 2 seasons projecting slightly higher.

Just in discussing it, I think it is the trepidation as mentioned above re confidence that comes to mind. Guys like LT or even Kayne Turner struck as blokes who hit senior level immediately with a level of aggression or arrogance. Body maturity aside LDU doesn't seem to quite carry that demeanour as yet.
You need to compare the lad to JPKennedy ... if you look at their stats head to head, each year you will find them very similar.. if LDU works himself into the shadows of JPK I would be very happy. However, I believe he will surpass him.. patience grasshopper

(Log in to remove this ad.)

...Groin Guru was a female all along?

giphy.gif

Only 10 per cent of blokes NTTIAWWTKOT want to spend as much time with the face down near other blokes groins, let alone claim to be a guru of it.

A little worried about LDU, getting babied alot on field and not doing full drills yet vs other players. Bonar coming in was almost a needed pickup for LDU as much as it was for Bonar a 2nd chance. Hope he picks up and does us proud but there's a lot of pressure on our pick 4 to perform.

A little worried about LDU, getting babied alot on field and not doing full drills yet vs other players. Bonar coming in was almost a needed pickup for LDU as much as it was for Bonar a 2nd chance. Hope he picks up and does us proud but there's a lot of pressure on our pick 4 to perform.

He’s not in full contact mode after yet after his shoulder op is he?

No not yet, on somewhat limited program. Shoulder has really killed his confidence and knocked him down a step or 2.
Dunno how much stock I can put in this sort of claim without seeing him in a match environment.. I'd say coming back from the op he'd be a bit ginger as a matter of course.
If it's true though he should just spend a few nights out with CZ, that sorta confidence is infectious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back