Player Watch #9: Luke Davies-Uniacke - signs until end 2025! Runner up in the 2022 Syd Barker Medal Award

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely wasn't in the first half, but that's understandable. Did some creative stuff in the 2nd half.

He reminds me a bit of Tarryn in 2020 at the moment. It's "almost" happening. Just needs that "breakout" match. It will come. Persist.
Taryn is in the “almost “ happening basket too. These two boys will have a big say in our re build and I hope like hell they can both become more than just flashes.. We need them too.

Taryn is in the “almost “ happening basket too. These two boys will have a big say in our re build and I hope like hell they can both become more than just flashes.. We need them too.

It's definitely "happened" for Tarryn in sections over the past few weeks, and he's not designed to be a 120 minute midfielder.

Unpopular opinion no doubt but to me if you pull on the jumper, you are fair game and along with that any criticism of poor performance. He had some nice moments but to me his head wasn’t in the game. He is too timid and it bloody irks me. He will never be a Glen Archer I get that but he picks and chooses when to put in and it shits me.. Maybe he shouldn’t have played. In a tight game, he wasn’t the reason we lost but yeah.. he is frustrating.
He wasn't the only one pulling out of contests yesterday. A few others did the same.

I suspect what looks like some players "pulling out" of contests is actually part of the remedy to stop us all getting sucked into contests and leaving us with no defensive cover or outside ball movement options.

It'll take a while to calibrate especially while the side is well, pants.

I suspect what looks like some players "pulling out" of contests is actually part of the remedy to stop us all getting sucked into contests and leaving us with no defensive cover or outside ball movement options.

I suspect a bit of it is also crap generated by people who have never played football.

I mean, North CONSTANTLY get torched on the outside, so yeah, let's have everyone dive on the ball.:D

You could tell all his teammates were really looking out for him.
They all went up to him after his errors to settle him down between plays.

And really got around him after his crumb / goal-assist.

Despite the losses, the playing group seems to be pretty tight. It is a credit to the coaching staff and leadership.

Despite the losses, the playing group seems to be pretty tight. It is a credit to the coaching staff and leadership.

Agreed. It rarely descends into players turning on/baking each other and when the team gets a roll on they all get very excited. I'm hanging out for that first win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alright, so as always elite work by giantroo - Lukey had 3 direct goal assists & the Campbell goal which was off the back of a perfectly weighted kick to Cunners.

We kicked 11 goals & LDU was directly responsible for 4 of them. People can p*** and moan all they want about him defensively (despite being ranked 2nd for pressure acts), but the reality is despite winning Inside 50's we lack polish going forward - LDU is someone that has the ability to provide this polish.

Alright, so as always elite work by giantroo - Lukey had 3 direct goal assists & the Campbell goal which was off the back of a perfectly weighted kick to Cunners.

We kicked 11 goals & LDU was directly responsible for 4 of them. People can p*** and moan all they want about him defensively (despite being ranked 2nd for pressure acts), but the reality is despite winning Inside 50's we lack polish going forward - LDU is someone that has the ability to provide this polish.

I missed the game and only saw the highlights so I didn't get the angst I saw on here and social media about him. Yeah, the fumble that cost the goal was bad, but like you say, he was regularly involved in a lot of what we did well from what I saw.

I missed the game and only saw the highlights so I didn't get the angst I saw on here and social media about him. Yeah, the fumble that cost the goal was bad, but like you say, he was regularly involved in a lot of what we did well from what I saw.

That fumble and a direct 20m turnover coming into the centre from HB Where the lowlights.

Considering his prep, it was a perfectly acceptable performance.

It'll take a while to calibrate especially while the side is well, pants.

Spot on. There was a play on our half-back line that was a great example of this. Tom Powell approached the contest and appeared to stop short. Another North player got there first and he was perfectly placed to receive the handball and execute a higher quality clearing kick. Far better outcome than three guys all occupying the same square meter.

the kick to cunners that resulted in TC’s 2nd goal was sublime. Millimeter perfect.

He is a far better long kick than he is short kick. I wanted to see him kicking 40+ at every opportunity

That fumble and a direct 20m turnover coming into the centre from HB Where the lowlights.

Considering his prep, it was a perfectly acceptable performance.

There's a lot of turnovers from the short inboard crap.

It's coaches instructions.

Yep and we're a young side trying to play faster football..just no chance of doing that without some mistakes
Kind of agree, but i have a theory that we are taking too long to seek the best option, giving opposition time to get set defensively, a quick play on after a mark/free kick usually has a far better outcome, than being static, scanning for options does.

Might have already been mentioned previously however I heard Shaun Higgins interviewed on 3aw a couple of weeks ago and they asked him if he was feeling for his old team being winless. He went on to say he caught up with several of the boys recently and despite not having a win, he said they are really enjoying the environment at the club and all felt excited with the direction of the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back