Player Watch #9: Luke Davies-Uniacke - signs until end 2025! Runner up in the 2022 Syd Barker Medal Award

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not really looking forward to watching this bloke jogging along behind Bont and the other Dogs midfielders this week, could be very untidy

Not really looking forward to watching this bloke jogging along behind Bont and the other Dogs midfielders this week, could be very untidy

Get back in bed and jump out the other side of bed mr grump.
Didn’t you see his intent and pressure on Saturday.

There is less of that and less of his tentative behaviour the more he gets match fit.

Some of his softer efforts .... he just doesn't show anything like that now. Its obvious they were cause he was stuffed not cos he was scared.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last 6 weeks - Averaging 22 Disposals, 4 Tackles, 5.3 Clearances, 1.3 Scoring Shots.

This is a product of him being able to stay on the park.

His current stretch of games is the longest he has gone without missing through injury. He missed because his of his dad in round 7, so if we put that aside he has played 8 rounds back, not something he has done before.

calling Petracca, or whatever is a periphery idea to what LDU needs. Consistency on getting on the park.

There are 8 more rounds of footy, if he can play all of them, we are likely to see more from him than we have before.

Like him or not, Buckley is a Norm Smith medalist, won a Brownlow and a heap of All Australians. Not a bad C.V.

And he'd have 2 or 3 premierships if he'd made the smart call of going to North Melbourne. LDU already has that bit sorted so it's just a matter of time until he starts collecting the silverware.

Said before, reminds me of Josh Kennedy from Swans. He's starting to turn into a big unit who will be a powerhouse in traffic.

A lot of Kennedy in build and power through space (Kennedy has a hoof on him as well from memory) although he also has a blistering and powerful first step similar to Judd. I reckon his disposal is a bit more dynamic than Kennedy. FWIW I reckon by the end of this decade there will be players coming in that he's the comparison point. He can become an absolute powerhouse.

He's had recent battles with OP so I'm not sure a "monster" preseason is necessarily the best idea. I'm guessing he has to train smarter rather than harder.

TBQH I'm not even convinced he's that physically lacking when you consider his injury history.

He's still coming back from OP and it will take a bit more time. Doesn't need too many phone calls, he's well on his way to getting where he needs to be.

He's had recent battles with OP so I'm not sure a "monster" preseason is necessarily the best idea. I'm guessing he has to train smarter rather than harder.

TBQH I'm not even convinced he's that physically lacking when you consider his injury history.

Yes they did, can’t remember who it was from opposition team that was the clear stand out, it actually caused a bit of talk in the press to the point where the judges felt they needed to come out and explain. They half apologetically explained that the reason player x didn’t get it was that the votes had to be lodged half way through the fourth quarter and at that point it was neck and neck and they decided to give it to figjam but if the the votes had gone in at the end of the game x would have won it. Afl amended the ns voting as a result, votes are now lodged at the end on the game.

Yes they did, can’t remember who it was from opposition team that was the clear stand out, it actually caused a bit of talk in the press to the point where the judges felt they needed to come out and explain. They half apologetically explained that the reason player x didn’t get it was that the votes had to be lodged half way through the fourth quarter and at that point it was neck and neck and they decided to give it to figjam but if the the votes had gone in at the end of the game x would have won it. Afl amended the ns voting as a result, votes are now lodged at the end on the game.
Voss was the one who would have won if the votes had been collected later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back