Player Watch #9: Luke Davies-Uniacke - signs until end 2025! Runner up in the 2022 Syd Barker Medal Award

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having lost my own Dad at the end of a long illness last year, I will say that while it is desperately sad when the time finally comes, it's not a shock. Luke and family will have been preparing for this, both emotionally and practically, and they would be taking this time to just be there for one another. Heart goes out to Luke and the family, losing a loved one in their prime.

My condolences mate, love to you and the rest of the Zombie family.

Awful news. Absolutely gutted for Luke and his family.

The North family will definitely get around them and make them feel the love.

Come back when you're ready Luke, not before <3

Awful news. Absolutely gutted for Luke and his family.

The North family will definitely get around them and make them feel the love.

Come back when you're ready Luke, not before <3
Concur DarkPhoenix, will be wearing my favourite LDU badge this week,very sad news .

Lost my mum to Cancer - I think this might have been a factor in his up and down form, its very hard to get keep a constant level of emotion when you are watching the person you love the most getting worse and worse every day.

This will light a fire under LDU to go out and do his old man proud everytime he puts that Jumper on. I aim every day to make my mother proud.

Condolences to LDU and his family. Stay strong for one another and talk, do not bottle that grief up!

Chin up Luke! It bloody sucks and hurts so much. Lost both my mum and dad within 18months of eachother to cancer when I was 22 and yeah as said it *ing hurts.

Look after mum big fella and come back stronger than ever! The North Melbourne family is thinking of ya mate and sending its love.

060521_Gallery-21.jpg

060521_Gallery-16.jpg

good to see him continuing to get out there during this painful time, hope he's getting the support he needs from the club and his teammates
Its what you have to do to not have it wear you down. Must be around people, be engaging positively, exercise, keeping a healthy mind. Bringing positive energy to your other family members. He’ll be right.

Its what you have to do to not have it wear you down. Must be around people, be engaging positively, exercise, keeping a healthy mind. Bringing positive energy to your other family members. He’ll be right.
Yeah 100%

He'll be getting more support than the average Joe out there.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More likely related to Ben's recently deceased grandad I imagine. But maybe that's selling Ben short and maybe he was giving a little shout out to both of them.

Only just looked at this thread. Pretty sure that would be it. His grandfather on his mother's side was a bloke named Peter Edney, a tough old farmer, who Ben was very close to and based his football on. I rather suspect that Ben's season is/will be played this year in tribute to his grandpa.

Just horrible stuff for LDU to have to deal with. It is such a cruel disease, cancer, and it would have been ever present in Luke's mind over the last couple of years, especially the last couple of months. Let's hope footy can help him a little to get him through this.

Watching the game at ground level tonight, I reckon he had some really good moments. Some nice work in close, hit up a couple of forward targets. Not as down on his game as others.

The charge and handball in the forward pocket was great, and a lot of players got around him afterwards. It was quite good to see, It sounds silly but I think he needed that.

Watching the game at ground level tonight, I reckon he had some really good moments. Some nice work in close, hit up a couple of forward targets. Not as down on his game as others.

Same, he played much better than last week and for a guy going through some rough times he was really having a crack today. Might not have necessarily paid off and been clean most of the time, but it doesn't matter. Nobes needs to tell him he did good for confidence sake going forward.

This. If he was guilty of anything yesterday, it was trying to make something happen when he had the ball.

Anyone giving this kid crap needs a healthy dose of perspective - he's just experienced what would be without a doubt the worst week of his young life. Full credit to him for pulling on the jumper and giving it his best.

He almost took another highlight reel mark!

Few nice shimmies, some nice short kicks, some nice clearances albeit with too much mustard on the kicks...

Showing some very promising forward craft for a pure inside mid too. Another string to his bow

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The praise and criticism are both fair.

Going to be a player with continuity. Some of those skill errors iron out soon enough but the urgency in the contest is at times (not all the time) pretty poor.

I get the impression he is aware though and maybe is even too hard on himself. I really hope he gets a good 2 year run at it without major interruption.

Unpopular opinion no doubt but to me if you pull on the jumper, you are fair game and along with that any criticism of poor performance. He had some nice moments but to me his head wasn’t in the game. He is too timid and it bloody irks me. He will never be a Glen Archer I get that but he picks and chooses when to put in and it shits me.. Maybe he shouldn’t have played. In a tight game, he wasn’t the reason we lost but yeah.. he is frustrating.

He had some nice moments but to me his head wasn’t in the game.

Definitely wasn't in the first half, but that's understandable. Did some creative stuff in the 2nd half.

He reminds me a bit of Tarryn in 2020 at the moment. It's "almost" happening. Just needs that "breakout" match. It will come. Persist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back