Player Watch #9: Luke Davies-Uniacke - signs until end 2025! Runner up in the 2022 Syd Barker Medal Award

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His ceiling is terrifyingly high! Absolute beast in the making, he'll still get pinged with it occasionally but the opposition are finding it much harder to take him down now. Love the boy, would turn 😍
Its quite scary to think he will probably hit his peak around 26-27..

Love this guy.

Hard choice but I think the tackle on Duggan was my favourite.

Absolutely my favourite due to nuffies on here saying nonsense like he isn't intense enough.

LDU 2021 vs Jy 2020

Jy came second in the Syd with those stats and LDU is putting out very similar numbers.

1626134824386.png

Reckon he is going to absolutely explode next year.

Hard choice but I think the tackle on Duggan was my favourite.

That is what has been missing for me, and I agree that was the favourite part. Never had a doubt about his footsteps in traffic but to be a next level player he needed to add the complete game and he is starting to show it. Never lost a parent or had one going through a long illness but it seems that since his father passed it might have lightened his load and given him new focus.

He did a dance step very similar to the one in the last quarter in the 1st. I remember thinking he should have given it earlier. Can’t remember exactly what happened whether he turned it over or put someone under pressure, and it ended up going down the other end for a goal - I was pretty annoyed.

But in the last quarter I was reminded that you can’t make all players robots. Do I still think he should have given it in that first quarter? Yes. But what he tried to do was creative, brave and unique to LDU.

What I do know is - the game will continue to slow down for him and he will start to always know when it’s time to dance and time to give and at that point it becomes scary.

That bit of play to Stepho. Holy cow.
He's starting to feel it.
Also noted that he broke away from playing group to salute the main pocket of supporters after the siren.
Leadership material.

What a passage of play! LDU takes the cake, but we are spoilt with midfielders that are evasive - LDU, Simpkin, Stephenson, Thomas. Not to mention brick walls like Cunnington and Zahaar. These players are built to take the opposition on, and break through high pressure situations with moments of class and IQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back