Player Watch #9: Luke Davies-Uniacke - signs until end 2025! Runner up in the 2022 Syd Barker Medal Award

Status
Not open for further replies.
He had a bad 2nd quarter, where he had 1 touch. The rest of the game he was very good.
Played a good game - just saying not in our best five today. Not rubbishing his game, just questioning the hype of some.

Averaging 13+ contested possessions, 6.5 clearances in his last 4.

His ability to break and create space at contests has been super impressive.

Psychic Roo

Team Captain
Feb 17, 2007
California
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
San Diego Chargers
Seems to be handballing out of trouble a bit more than always taking on the tackler - more dangerous mix if opp over commits and he releases someone else. Definitely more damaging inside. Needs to work on being more "relentless" = still fades in and out a bit when hes tired. The elite dont do that. It will come as he builds endurance. Has had a lot of interruptions.

franjon

Premiership Player
Oct 27, 2004
Altona
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
none
Interesting that neither the Age nor Hun have us in our best players.
Interesting? I'm at a loss as to why you would actually care. The Hun do whatever Murdoch('s) tells them, and he was probably too busy watching the Dodgers or Cubs , or whoever he's bought into, and the Age are still reeling from their cheif football writer, a contradiction if theres ever been one, in Caroslime. I'd rather just read bigfooty.

Chairman Zia

All Australian
Jul 22, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
from the matches i have seen, you could start to see his explosiveness on display we he can burst out of containment, the best one was him bursting away from 4 WC players, hand ball to jaidyn who runs away to give to C-ton.

Chairman Zia

All Australian
Jul 22, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Agile lateral side stepping archetype, tick = simpkin
Big body explosive mid, tick = LDU
Mercurial rolls royce, tick = Thomas
Lightning quick runner, = Stphenson?

We still need a high accumulator player.

Sphynx

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Has a virtually identical stat line this year to Cerra, having played fewer games in his career. Cerra a consistently better user of the ball IMO but LDU breaks tackles much better. He's tracking very very nicely.

Cerra probably a more penetrating long kick. He hits them flat and hard over 50, can get over zones.

Doesn't have anywhere near LDU's clearance ability though, nor his ability to break through congestion.

Averages around 30% more clearances than Cerra despite the slow start.

Averages around double the amount of clearances over the last 5 weeks.

Mjs94

Club Legend
Apr 24, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
he has been a really good accumulator this year but LDU has started to develop his explosiveness that was a feature of his junior days.
My comment about Powell was in response to you saying we need to find an accumulator. He certainly showed it as a junior.

Agree re LDU. As he gets bigger, stronger and fitter he should be able to bully smaller players like he did as a junior.

Cerra probably a more penetrating long kick. He hits them flat and hard over 50, can get over zones.

Doesn't have anywhere near LDU's clearance ability though, nor his ability to break through congestion.

Averages around 30% more clearances than Cerra despite the slow start.

Averages around double the amount of clearances over the last 5 weeks.

I remember during the draft, I really wanted us to get Cerra. That was mainly because I got to watch him regularly playing APS footy. Ultimately, I think the club made the right decision. However, I’d really love to have Adam as well. In fact, I’d go so far as to say I’d prefer us to land Cerra instead of Josh Kelly. He has, at least, the same upside and wouldn’t cost us as much - I think.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Chairman Zia

All Australian
Jul 22, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
My comment about Powell was in response to you saying we need to find an accumulator. He certainly showed it as a junior.

Agree re LDU. As he gets bigger, stronger and fitter he should be able to bully smaller players like he did as a junior.

dangerfield, petracca

pupstar

Club Legend
Aug 12, 2017
cairns
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I remember during the draft, I really wanted us to get Cerra. That was mainly because I got to watch him regularly playing APS footy. Ultimately, I think the club made the right decision. However, I’d really love to have Adam as well. In fact, I’d go so far as to say I’d prefer us to land Cerra instead of Josh Kelly. He has, at least, the same upside and wouldn’t cost us as much - I think.

Loved him in his draft year as well and was my pick.Obviously not disappointed. yeah would not be disappointed if we happened to land Cerra instead . In saying that would not say no to Kelly either for a minute.

Chairman Zia

All Australian
Jul 22, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Cerra is not a bad player, he is a superstar but then again, it's the role each player would fill at that particular club.

Our midfield is coming along nicely, where under scott, it was very one paced in that we had a plethora of similar type players, i.e. swallow, ziebell, cunnington, bastinac, gibson, dal santo etc. Only had harvey and wells for running.

The midfield we are forming now is very diverse, each has their unique strength and will complement each other very well.

Loved him in his draft year as well and was my pick.Obviously not disappointed. yeah would not be disappointed if we happened to land Cerra instead . In saying that would not say no to Kelly either for a minute.

Of course, we’d have to trade for Adam Cerra, which makes things harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back