Player Watch #9: Luke Davies-Uniacke - signs until end 2025! Runner up in the 2022 Syd Barker Medal Award

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have pick #3 in the 2017 draft. Do you take:

Paddy Dow
LDU

baggers!!! 🤣🤣🤣

Been quietly building into the best form of his career. He absolutely obliterates a contest. Renders 4-5 chasers irrelevant through his agility and movement. This sucks others in to tackle him and he's learning that this allows h to release to outside runners.
Agreed. It's wise to situate this in the context of our total tap dominance today tho. Just saying. My bold above. He doesn't have the awareness of a 4th year Cunners, or first year Powell (freak), but I definitely see those junior blinkers being tugged down by a rising tide of professionally learned and experience based situational awareness. He's becoming. everything else equal, add that to an improvement in Sly Jy's KICKING (nuts scrossed) and we'll trouble every team in the league.

You have pick #3 in the 2017 draft. Do you take:

Paddy Dow
LDU

baggers!!! 🤣🤣🤣

I remember being over the moon and surprised draft night. Brayshaw was the surprise at 2, leaving carton with the choice. Afterwards I went to the Carlton board draft thread and predicted that LDU vs Dow would be the call that would make or break SOS.

Will need to watch the replay, but the umps seemed to be giving LDU an unusually long time to release the footy on a few occasions, or maybe they were just mesmerized like the rest of us:D

Will need to watch the replay, but the umps seemed to be giving LDU an unusually long time to release the footy on a few occasions, or maybe they were just mesmerized like the rest of us:D

The thing is, some of them are only half tackles. They hold his jumper as they fall to the ground while he stands up and scoffs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah i was referring to this just b4, he had an eternity i suppose he had that long becaues he wasn't wobbly when being tackled.

I remember being over the moon and surprised draft night. Brayshaw was the surprise at 2, leaving carton with the choice. Afterwards I went to the Carlton board draft thread and predicted that LDU vs Dow would be the call that would make or break SOS.

You better go bump that bad boy

I hope everyone was watching his core and balance at the contest. You can see he’s always in the brace position to get it and go. Always on the move. It’s very hard to knock an inside/outside midfielder off balance when he’s stationed like that.
One player who comes to mind was Chris Judd and if you watch Luke’s work around the stoppages all the power comes from his hips. Very nice.

Basically seeing this weekly now, as he bursts in and out of packs.
What is he now? 21 years old?
lol he is going to destroy some teams in the next few years

Love NB's teaching style. I feel like it has really allowed LDU to flourish by making the mistakes he has needed to and learn from them in order to launch his development. Cunners has also been so valuable it seems off the ground for our young brigade. Our young guns are so lucky to be learning from the absolute best in the business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back