Player Watch #9: Luke Davies-Uniacke - signs until end 2025! Runner up in the 2022 Syd Barker Medal Award

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirty_11

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 28, 2014
Beneath the Blue & White
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Shinboners
He's definitely rated higher as a 19 year old.

I've got no problem with his ethic either, based on what I have seen. He just needs the miles in his legs, the same as Kennedy needed time to build his core. JK played no games in his 1st year, only 3 in his 2nd and 10 in his 3rd. In his 4th season he arrived as a 20 possession/5 clearance player. I expect LDU to be at that level next season, potentially even the back end of this season..
I am not sure most on BF have the patience to wait 2 more years for a 20 possession average for LDU.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I am not sure most on BF have the patience to wait 2 more years for a 20 possession average for LDU.

I care little for the rantings of people who possess little relevant knowledge and the satisfaction delay capabilities of a red hot brassy.

You can only guarantee one thing, they will disappear in to thin air when the "arrival" moment occurs.

Those of us who have been around a little longer and didn't evolve from the push button generation understand that players like Luke take time that isn't that far behind proper KPP development.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I genuinely think he will win a brownlow before he retires. Just has that something about him. Full package.

He may not end up quite as good as JK on the inside (who is all time elite), but he will be good, and he's definitely a better mark and kick.

WILL be a very good player.

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He may not end up quite as good as JK on the inside (who is all time elite), but he will be good, and he's definitely a better mark and kick.

I'm still shocked we got him. I remember doing the neopolitan ice cream image before the draft and didn't include LDU as I thought he was a shoe-in for #1 pick. Just going to be a handful wherever he plays. Going to be very hard to stop on the burst with his power and core strength. See a lot of Judd in him in that regard. Hope he can play forward well too.

I'm still shocked we got him. I remember doing the neopolitan ice cream image before the draft and didn't include LDU as I thought he was a shoe-in for #1 pick. Just going to be a handful wherever he plays. Going to be very hard to stop on the burst with his power and core strength. See a lot of Judd in him in that regard. Hope he can play forward well too.

Yep and yep to all of this. Has so many things going for him physically that will make him dangerous. Tall, strong mark, very clean kick, neat hands, extremely strong inside, good athleticism. If he was half a yard faster he'd be the next coming.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Yep and yep to all of this. Has so many things going for him physically that will make him dangerous. Tall, strong mark, very clean kick, neat hands, extremely strong inside, good athleticism. If he was half a yard faster he'd be the next coming.

I literally agree with that 100%.

It's why I can't have a Judd comparison, he just doesn't have that spurt.

roos_tt29

All Australian
Oct 6, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne

I thought I was the only one who thought this! He looks quite similar when bursting away from stoppages (albeit slower off the mark) - just a similar gait on him.

Who says he won't pick up a yard? (if he puts the work in) :p

I thought I was the only one who thought this! He looks quite similar when bursting away from stoppages (albeit slower off the mark) - just a similar gait on him.

Who says he won't pick up a yard? (if he puts the work in) :p

Possibly, but it's all relative. The average recruit who is a bit faster when drafted would arguably do the same. He's not slow from what I've seen... just not Wells fast (but few are). I'm very confident in LDU (for whatever that is worth) - most confident I've been in a young player for us since probably JZ.

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Raynor was always going no 1. Mind you thats not a slight on LDU at all.

His "fast twitch" muscle aspect is pretty much set.

He'll gain endurance and strength, but I highly doubt he'll gain Judd type burst speed.

That's it. He looks to have relatively high agility though for his speed which is another bonus. Like I said, if he was top 5% fast on top of these things he'd be unstoppable - gotta give them a chance. He actually reminds me (physically) of Carey and it makes me wonder whether 25 years ago with his build he would have been a CHF.

According to the Freo lot, he's a dud and a bust, unlike Cerra (a very good prospect given easier roles across half forward) and Brayshaw who looks to be a classic Freo player in that he tries hard and is reasonably good but will never win anything.

The Dingrel

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Brisbane Bandits
I am very very bullish about LDU and would certainly taken him at 2, but it would be hard to go past Rayner at number 1 for mine - he's already done a few things that make you go glory be me this guy could be anything

Yeah agree, but sitting here in Bris quite a few of the locals wanted LDU at 1 in that draft!

The Dingrel

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Brisbane Bandits
Needs to work on his mullet a bit. My kids aren't impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back