Player Watch #9: Luke Davies-Uniacke - signs until end 2025! Runner up in the 2022 Syd Barker Medal Award

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Said this in the Tyson thread. Based on training I suspect he's carrying some sort of niggle. Better to have him at 50-60% game time than not at all imo.

I think I remember Bard in the presser after the Brisbane game hinting he will start in the midfield every week, wonder if the niggle has changed things short term

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His kicking style reminds me of Ablett jnr. Even the way he moves in traffic is similar.

Stays on his feet and stays in the contest where he can have 3-4 possessions in a single bit of play, he’s got that crouched over careful kicking style too.

Obviously I’m not saying he’s the next GAJ, but if we’re talking style I reckon he’s pretty close.

Kennedy is a bull, not much finess. Judd would run and carry-LDU usually takes his kick off a couple steps.

Should be a main starting mid, and never to be moved anywhere else for the next 15 years.

Has so much Judd about him with his run and pin point bullet passes.

Interesting, while i cant see that i thought his first play in that video was very Judd like when he broke that tackle to the hips. Sort of a hip rotation shrug. Important because he beats the man taking him on and creates space.

I feel so comfortable when the ball is in his hands. So reliable.

He's beginning to also have a commanding presence around the ground, guiding where the play should go and directs traffic, covered alot of ground.

I noticed when we were chipping the ball constantly at the last quarter he ran forward towards Dumont who had the ball and asked for it to get us to stop screwing around and make something happen, sure enough we got it forward to inside 50.

Not his best game but serviceable. Agree he is very exciting prospect.

Geeze I reckon you're being tough. He's bloody neat and doesn't f*ck it up constantly like some of our guys. Holds the ball, finds an option and gets to the right spots an awful lot for a large kid. This off season I reckon we put him through a tonne of running and then size comes on the next 2 afterwards but he'll impact week in week out more often than not now.

Generally I agree that he's tracking well...but...I've noticed a couple of instances in the last few weeks where he has...well....kind of soft cocked the contest a little. I tried to pretend it didnt happen a couple of weeks ago.
But it happened again again tonight. He definitely stuck the one arm out rather than put the body on the line.
Needs to sort that s**t out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back