Player Watch #9: Luke Davies-Uniacke - signs until end 2025! Runner up in the 2022 Syd Barker Medal Award

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playing against Carlton would be the perfect opportunity for this kid to do his own thing. To finally have a dominant game against a side that is vulnerable...

I am hopeful for a late change.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, this is friggin ridiculous. Scott is stuffing this club. He has to go now. I hope we get thumped by Blues this week. Never wanted to lose like this before. No reason to our selections. I'm over our club right now. Over and out until Scott goes and we can rebuild with people who know how to run a footy club. Staggering

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"bUt hE's SoFt"

**** off.

He's not gonna learn hardness in aerial contests in the VFL any faster.

Could've had an absolute blinder against the Blues, but nope.

A kid like him can't learn that he is allowed to pick and choose when to go. That would be shockingly poor development.

Mind you i dunno if I'd have dropped him and brought in Simpkin just yet.

But i can understand why he was dropped.

A kid like him can't learn that he is allowed to pick and choose when to go. That would be shockingly poor development.

But i can understand why he was dropped.

It would be easier to justify if Macmillan was ever dropped.

There goes my last reason to watch the game on Sunday...

Get ****** Brad you ******* troll

So you're not into watching Tarryn Thomas hit up Nick Larkey repeatedly with touch that'd make David Beckham envious? Your loss I guess.

I'm bewildered as to why it's against Carlton he's dropped. His first chance to face a team of near equals

Unless BS sees this as a chance to let Jy hunt the ball. I dunno.

Simpkin had to have a good 2-3 weeks at least in the VFL considering hes been out of form for 6+ months in overlapping seasons.

Dropping LDU based on just general hardness in contests despite the numbers being there in his favor is weak selection when there's a double standard applied.

It would be easier to justify if Macmillan was ever dropped.

Yeah true but every week Macmillan takes heaps of marks and makes nearly as many spoils. For all his flaws (and I'd drop him immediately for that failed tackle on Butters that gave them their second goal in the third quarter) he is averaging 5 - 6 marks a game for the year, 6 - 7 over the last three games and makes 4 or 5 spoils a game. So i can understand why he's in there this week.

But yeah he shouldn't be.

Maybe Scotts or others realise that we've made errors wrt standards on field when developing some of these older players and are trying to change and that's why they are making the younger blokes miss to improve their standards onfield. So long as that is made clear to the younger blokes at the time to prevent any resentment about favoritism. (If its actually whats happening. i'm really speculating.)

Simpkin had to have a good 2-3 weeks at least in the VFL considering hes been out of form for 6+ months in overlapping seasons.

Dropping LDU based on just general hardness in contests despite the numbers being there in his favor is weak selection when there's a double standard applied.

I agree about Simpkin staying out, unless there is a plan of only dropping those players for one game. in which case he'll be back next week.

Whatever happens I hope if Simpkin is poor and Garner not great either that Marc McGowan might apply a little heat. Cheers in advance Marc.

Dropped because he shirked a contest? Jeepers, how about just tell him it was his turn and he had to go, to the contest. I would reckon everybody who has played footy has at some time or other not gone as hard as they could or should have. At whatever level, at every level. When it is oft pointed out that our players are drawn to the ball and leave the outside for the opposition. Have not seen whatever contest he avoided, could not care. It is nothing more than stupidity to drop this bloke. He wont learn from another stint in the VFL, he will learn from Ben and Jed, from their actions, there appreciation or their dissatisfaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back