Player Watch #9: Luke Davies-Uniacke - signs until end 2025! Runner up in the 2022 Syd Barker Medal Award

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimbo

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool
Ha, yes. Absolutely.

But tbh my concern was not so much about anyone's penchant for hyperbole, as it was about leviathan's new-found status as an adjective. :stern look
We're looking for good people.

Would you like to head up the nouns to adjectives department? I have my hands full with nouns to verbs.

We're looking for good people.

Would you like to head up the nouns to adjectives department? I have my hands full with nouns to verbs.

As long as it doesn't effect my ability to keep on top of the 'Of/Have' department, I'm up for it.

Kimbo

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool
As long as it doesn't effect my ability to keep on top of the 'Of/Have' department, I'm up for it.
SpecificDopeyAcornwoodpecker-size_restricted.gif

If he does play (90% chance for mine), it will be interesting to see him battle Cerra and Brayshaw.

According tone Freo genius all LDU has done so far is "spud it up".

I would like very much for him to go over there and show them what they missed out on.

roos_tt29

All Australian
Oct 6, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
LDU is the best young talent I've seen since Carey.

...but LDU will win 3 brownlows.

Both massive calls.

I agree he'll be a gun - you can see it. But comparing him to the GOAT and saying he'll win 3 Brownlow Medals is BIG (I hope you're right on that one fwiw!)

What has you making the comparison?

Also fwiw - at this point, he's the best young talent I've seen since Wells. Wellsy's body let him down as did his work ethic early on, which meant when he did show what he was capable of, it was only for a short period. I hope LDU can just stay fit and pump out games - then we'll see what he's capable of :)

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Stephenson was always going to play more games earlier on but it's like being happy with recruiting Daniel Rich. Whereas we got the Sloane/Sidebottom.

Stephenson might get 40 joe the gooses but LDU will win 3 brownlows.
I’m just waiting for the day we’re ten goals down at halftime and he single handedly brings us back, to win the game.
The boy is the truth.

Colbys Boots

Premium Gold
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Both massive calls.

I agree he'll be a gun - you can see it. But comparing him to the GOAT and saying he'll win 3 Brownlow Medals is BIG (I hope you're right on that one fwiw!)

Also fwiw - at this point, he's the best young talent I've seen since Wells. Wellsy's body let him down as did his work ethic early on, which meant when he did show what he was capable of, it was only for a short period. I hope LDU can just stay fit and pump out games - then we'll see what he's capable of :)

Daniel Wells did not have a work ethic problem early on. That's utter nonsense. If anything, he was asked to work too hard in roles that were not suited to his body, but were intended to fast track his development.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone

Stephenson was always going to play more games earlier on but it's like being happy with recruiting Daniel Rich. Whereas we got the Sloane/Sidebottom.

Stephenson might get 40 joe the gooses but LDU will win 3 brownlows.

You normally post the bait using your JeanLucGoddard account.

roos_tt29

All Australian
Oct 6, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Daniel Wells did not have a work ethic problem early on. That's utter nonsense. If anything, he was asked to work too hard in roles that were not suited to his body, but were intended to fast track his development.

Probably should've explained that better - his work ethic is something that grew with playing those roles. It wasn't bad, it just needed improvement.

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Both massive calls.

I remember that time I said Daw, Jacobs, and Anderson would be integral to our side. LDU is just another trophy in my 'times I was correct' trophy case. Currently the shelves are bending with the weight.

Both massive calls.

Personally I can't compare him to Carey or Wells, as he is a very different player. Let's just be cautious and say he is the next Cunnington with some more tools, which means if he develops to his full potential, he can be a better player than Cunnington.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back