Player Watch #9: Luke Davies-Uniacke - signs until end 2025! Runner up in the 2022 Syd Barker Medal Award

Status
Not open for further replies.

HTPunter

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If you can actually use the ball well I don't mind a tiny bit of self-preservation! If you can't kick though you need to go hammer and tong every contest.

Will get better with confidence. Just as his ball winning ability and ball use has gotten better this year already (lifted av disposals from 10 to 16, DE from 71 to 82%, average score involvements from 3 to 6), so will his defense and contesting.

nj23

Senior List
Jan 24, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He's like 4% away from being an absolute gun

Ie the burst away from congestion where he got just run down and it affected the kick - he doesn't get touched this time next year

Or the run through the centre before he just missed Jack in a one on one .. he nails a player lace out this time next year

I'm excited by him
That burst was great. When I watched it again I thought TT should have doubled back and made a lead towards him. It kind of looked like LDU was expecting it and then when he realised it wasn’t going to happen he’d slowed enough to have his kick effected. A couple dozen more games together and they convert in that situation 9/10 times.

Page8383

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 6, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This guy much better than Paddy Dow. Luke’s far ahead on points despite his time in the VFL and managed TOG
Reckon we dodged a bullet with that Dow kid and also Martin - not worth the cash he’s sucking out of Richmond.

LDU is a natural and I’m pretty happy when he’s around or with the footy in hand

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Watching the replay now, just saw the moment, not great. Didn’t notice it as much at the game. It’s about 3-4 mins to go in the second quarter. I’m sure it will be highlighted tomorrow. Everyone needs to go when it’s their turn. Wouldn’t be against him being dropped. I’m sure he’ll make up for it though.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Needs to play every game. He’s a kid. Will make some mistakes but can just see he is a A grader and in time will win matches off his own boot.

Needs to be playing serious minutes in the guts at all times. This 70% game time is bullshit. Yeah he needs a tank....he’ll get there quicker the more footy he plays.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
If he's smart he'll ask for a transfer before he get's ruined like all the other young talent that has shown up at North over the last 10 years.

I feel for him.
Any footballer with his skillset and running ability should be finishing five rows back over the goal umpires hat when running inside 50.
He is being instructed to pass or dish off against all instinct and logic and I can’t ******* understand why.

amaz199

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hesitates to kick it off his own boot instead of going for it.

Needs to be careful, he could lose confidence really easily. Who is instructing this nonsense share the ball s**t? Kick it son!

Billy Not Really

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2018
Licking windows at the back of the bus.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Thought he was trying his heart out to get involved and back into the game in the last quarter. Ling applauded also his willingness to take the game on and make something happen which isn't the orchestrated reset kicks backwards, and I agree with him, I made note of this last week also.

I really really hope that when those chances to make things happen fail, and they will its just the nature of the game, that he doesn't lose confidence and I also hope the coaching staff aren't deterring him from that.

Also thought his tackling efforts went from a zero from last week to some solid attempts especially after the HT. Again he also covers alot of ground to make sure we don't get locked down at half back.

We really gotta make sure this guy plays every week, he's got alot to give but the support he's getting is absolute s**t. The only person willing to coordinate with him is Cunners and its evident when you watch the game. They feed off each other alot.

Sucks he isn't hitting the goals from on the run too but then again nobody at North is hitting between the big sticks.

Don't lose confidence LDU, persist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back