Player Watch #9: Luke Davies-Uniacke - signs until end 2025! Runner up in the 2022 Syd Barker Medal Award

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_20190707_154249.jpg

The Dingrel

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Brisbane Bandits
He is a good player.

He doesn't have the evasiveness of a player like LDU/Simpkin.

The force of Cripps/Cunners.

The skill of a Josh Kelly.

He's just solid at everything.

He's an outstanding runner, which allows him move from contest to
contest and rack up multiple touches.
Whitfield type?

My general sense is that Luke isn’t going to start hitting his straps until next year. However, I can’t seem to shake the notion that he just might throw in a breakout game this season at some stage. It would be such a joy if he does it on Saturday...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

My general sense is that Luke isn’t going to start hitting his straps until next year. However, I can’t seem to shake the notion that he just might throw in a breakout game this season at some stage. It would be such a joy if he does it on Saturday...

The “curse”! Out of the mouth of babes, as they say. Sorry, Luke. Looks like we might have to wait until next year after all.

Showing a lot of special moments in games but not enough of the ball to warrant continual selection. That would have been a ‘Brad’ thing to do.

At this point in time he’s not coping with the physicality of the game. His stamina is still not at the stage where he can get to multiple contests, gut-run both ways or confidently put his body on the line. A slow burner who needs a little more time in the 2s (hello Jy) and big pre-season. Absolutely no concerns however that he’s going to be a great player for us for many years to come.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
30 disposals (8k,22h) and 7 tackles against the Bombers.

Excellent! He needed the tune up.

Lot's of HB's I see, so he must have played a lot at the stoppages and clearances, and that's the stat that I really want to see.

I know getting a run in the VFL was due but * me I have a look at what some of our players dished up today and LDUs "16" would have come in handy. Who knows.
We got belted in the clearances again and thats what matters

Billy Not Really

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2018
Licking windows at the back of the bus.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I know getting a run in the VFL was due but fu** me I have a look at what some of our players dished up today and LDUs "16" would have come in handy. Who knows.
We got belted in the clearances again and thats what matters

LDU for Taylor would've been a game changer. Curtis brought some pressure forward but that was about it, we got done in the midfield and stints in the mid from LDU might have saved our asses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back