Player Watch #9: Luke Davies-Uniacke - signs until end 2025! Runner up in the 2022 Syd Barker Medal Award

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orange Peanut

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 6, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Oh, I wish I was Sipowicz
medium.jpg

He was an alcoholic, shot, his son was murdered, his wife was murdered, one of his partners was murdered and another died of heart disease. And he sweats when he eats. Tough gig.

A bit unfair with that assessment. List his negatives too for a balanced view.

He was an alcoholic, shot, his son was murdered, his wife was murdered, one of his partners was murdered and another died of heart disease. And he sweats when he eats. Tough gig.

But a tie with short sleeves. :emotional hand motion

Nutjob

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I saw Nick Maxwell squib several times early days. One incident in particular where he got absolutely canned by the commentators. As he matured and became more of a leader, the rest took care of itself. He wasn’t the most gifted player, but as he took on more leadership and responsibility, his game evolved and he finished his career as a premiership captain who would bleed for the club.
I’m not comparing LDU to Maxwell as players, but sometimes giving a player more responsibility can do wonders for the other areas of their game.
I think LDU aspiring to be a leader will do wonders for his intensity, professionalism and will to win.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I saw Nick Maxwell squib several times early days. One incident in particular where he got absolutely canned by the commentators. As he matured and became more of a leader, the rest took care of itself. He wasn’t the most gifted player, but as he took on more leadership and responsibility, his game evolved and he finished his career as a premiership captain who would bleed for the club.
I’m not comparing LDU to Maxwell as players, but sometimes giving a player more responsibility can do wonders for the other areas of their game.
I think LDU aspiring to be a leader will do wonders for his intensity, professionalism and will to win.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I saw Anthony Stevens take a shocking short step in one of his first games.

Indeed. Likely the same game I saw as I don't expect he did it again.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

MCG? Right in the middle of the centre square too.

LDU does things the LDU way.

LDU having a muckabout before training:

images

But in all seriouslyness, Beckham used to stay behind after training every session and hit 100 free kicks. Wind, rain, sleet, shine.

LDU could learn from that.

But in all seriouslyness, Beckham used to stay behind after training every session and hit 100 free kicks. Wind, rain, sleet, shine.

LDU could learn from that.
I asked a Carlton player once why Judd was so good. Same response - first to training and last back in the shed, every time. Trained the house down until the day he retired.

I asked a Carlton player once why Judd was so good. Same response - first to training and last back in the shed, every time. Trained the house down until the day he retired.

One W. Carey was noted for that too.

Thing with Beckham and his frees is that rather than doing extra work on what he weak at, he made what he was good at even better.

He and his coaches addressed his weaknesses in normal training, as you'd expect.

But in his own time he made what he was really good at even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back