Player Watch #9: Luke Davies-Uniacke - signs until end 2025! Runner up in the 2022 Syd Barker Medal Award

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

He was easily our best player in the first half IMO... he looked a yard quicker then previous weeks & covered the ground well. He was very clean & strong over the ball. Very happy with his showing tonight!
LDU & Jy will be sidestepping opponents with ease for the next 8-10 years!!
The only worry is will both be spraying the ball over their team mates heads? Even LDU had a couple shockers with the ball. JY looks like he’s playing with a prosthetic limb.

The only worry is will both be spraying the ball over their team mates heads? Even LDU had a couple shockers with the ball. JY looks like he’s playing with a prosthetic limb.
Nah, LDU used it well.
Jy had an off night... he was flying a month ago & has great skills.
They are only young & bound to be a little inconsistent. They will both be stars... bookmark it!!

Took yet another step forward tonight. The silver lining in the dark cloud of tonight's performance.

Are there still people who don't think he will be a top quality player?

I have seen more in the past two performances than anything before that. I was nervous about whether he would make it, not any more. Whether he will be a star, still need to see more. He has an elite sidestep in traffic, thats a great start. Like Jy, ability to be damaging by hand and foot and ability to make strong decisions would make that leap for me.

I have seen more in the past two performances than anything before that. I was nervous about whether he would make it, not any more. Whether he will be a star, still need to see more. He has an elite sidestep in traffic, thats a great start. Like Jy, ability to be damaging by hand and foot and ability to make strong decisions would make that leap for me.

This was the game where it seemed like something had clicked and he just hunted the ball without any sense of doubt. Always seemed like he was was unsure how to play second fiddle to the more established mids. Ran out of puff in the second, as you would expect given the injury he had and the training restrictions that would have put on him.
Finish this year strongly and get him in the gym in the offseason. Expecting a big 2021 from him.

And think of it like this, this is only just now starting to become evident in his game at AFL level.

This is barely even the beginning, he's going to become an absolute bully in a few years.

It's just arrogance. It's a bloke who knows he's better, and now his body is starting to let him carry that out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought LDU’s ball use was good - went at 75%
Nah, LDU used it well.
Jy had an off night... he was flying a month ago & has great skills.
They are only young & bound to be a little inconsistent. They will both be stars... bookmark it!!
Wast there one total mare in the middle of the ground from LDU? I love the bloke, but the whole team used the ball like dogshit.

That can sometimes happen when there's stagnant movement. I'm very confident it is a result of players simply refusing to gut run to give him options.

He’s probably smart enough to not bomb it to 1 on 3. Not being at games it’s hard to see how the forwards are setting up ahead of the play.

Probably for the best.

Yep, remember seeing one of those side steps near the boundary and it was evident that he is already more skilled in traffic than most of the team.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

So many people on BF had pitch forks out for LDU weeks ago

I did say we have turned into a impatient bunch!

It's what frustrated clueless people do.

People are short sighted with unrealistic expectations these days.

If he didn’t get OP he likely would have dominated from round 1 and continued all season.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't know that, I can only go on what I have seen. His movement in traffic was one of his key draft skills, as was his skills and explosiveness. Only the movement in traffic has been readily on display. It doesn't mean he doesn't have those things or he won't show those things but I for one won't be calling him an A grade midfielder until we see him being an A Grade midfielder. My expectations change with his performance as we are still learning what he can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back