Player Watch #9: Luke Davies-Uniacke - signs until end 2025! Runner up in the 2022 Syd Barker Medal Award

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

A few of my non north mates who don’t watch a lot of us were a bit surprised about the LDU “hype” this preseason. They were of the view he was a disappointment (I think largely because how good he was as an U18 player).

It made me look back on his back half of 2020 and when I think my frustration turned to real optimism with Lukey. This run of games (with the odd quiet one) was when it really started to click.

View attachment 1055193View attachment 1055194View attachment 1055195View attachment 1055196View attachment 1055197

Injury free obviously helps, but opposition supporters never buy that...
It was a struggle for us to to watch us in the back half of 2020 - let alone other teams supporters watching us.

LDU's games were excellent though given the lack of prep - combined with his pre season form this year and injury free run I think everyone can have good expectations for 2021 for him and our midfield - it will be a strength for us this year.

When ever you’re asked to prove one of your claims you never do. Why should anyone else?

I was only relaying someone else’s implication having remembered chatter about an incident which I didn’t see.

I’m not concerned at all. Polec is hardly Chuck Norris, but I love him. Ditto fruity from back in the day. It’s all about having weapons IMO and in Luke’s case, wowsers: girth, speed, cleanliness, evasiveness and insane kicking (depth and accuracy).

He’s a rolled-gold gun in the making.

Don’t think he’ll be as strong as Kennedy. They’re pretty different players imo. LDU doesn’t have the strength or contested ability of Kennedy but has better skills and evasiveness. I think of him as a slightly shorter, faster Pendlebury tbh.
Yep, in style more of a Judd/Pendels cross than a Kennedy type.

Don’t think he’ll be as strong as Kennedy. They’re pretty different players imo. LDU doesn’t have the strength or contested ability of Kennedy but has better skills and evasiveness. I think of him as a slightly shorter, faster Pendlebury tbh.
Bonar is the Kennedy type, people will call him useless, waste of a pick, yadda yadda. 5 years into the afl system and players won’t be able to move him, when he has his head over the ball.
And he’ll be integral for the next decade flicking it out to LDU.

Last edited:
Bonar is the Kennedy type, people will call him useless, waste of a pick, yadda yadda. 5 years into the afl system and people won’t be able to move him when his got the head over the ball.
And he’ll be integral for the next decade.

Maybe, hopefully, but not for nothing Kennedy had to be excluded from doing weights because he would just put on mass.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s vary rare. I don’t know percentages but people that lift weights and naturally have the same gains as people that would need a stack would be less then 1%.

This might be what you're thinking of:

Myostatin-related muscle hypertrophy is a rare condition characterized by reduced body fat and increased muscle size. Affected individuals have up to twice the usual amount of muscle mass in their bodies. They also tend to have increased muscle strength.

What a horrible affliction to have... :oops:

Bonar is the Kennedy type......

Agree with this, but in a fairly full complement of inside mids will he get the time to blossom?

I rate Kyron in that category also.

Agree with this, but in a fairly full complement of inside mids will he get the time to blossom?

I rate Kyron in that category also.
Going by what Gavin said today, I think we’ll be seeing Kyron playing a tagging role.. which imo is a great thing, One thing about Kyron and Bonar is they are both very fast straight line. Different beast to when we had Ziebell, Cunners and Swallow in there.

Bonar probably has this year and next, to get some continually into his footy. but I’ve no doubt that little green monster will stir him on, hes not going to be letting LDU or Stephenson take all the glory..

I’ve got a feeling once he knows he belongs, he’ll explode into a contested beast.

Last edited:
Going by what Gavin said today, I think we’ll be seeing Kyron playing a tagging role.. which imo is a great thing, One thing about Kyron and Bonar is they are both very fast straight line. Different beast to when we had Ziebell, Cunners and Swallow in there.

Bonar probably has this year and next, to get some continually into his footy. but I’ve no doubt that little green monster will stir him on, hes not going to be letting LDU or Stephenson take all the glory..

I’ve got a feeling once he knows he belongs, he’ll explode into a contested beast.

I didn't take Brown's comments too literally. He seemed to be just undertaking the generic pre-season pump up of players to me.

Cotchin 2010-2014 type of player with a bit more size and perhaps a more penetrating kick.

This might be what you're thinking of:

What a horrible affliction to have... :oops:
That is evolution in action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back