9 News: Fear for Craigiburn JFC Self Esteem

Remove this Banner Ad

wallyt99

Club Legend
Jun 9, 2007
Bay 13
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Channel 9 has just played a report on a Craigiburn Junior Footy Club, who is getting beaten by huge margins every week.

Experts suggest that this could cause long term damage to the players self esteem.

I reckon having how crap you are on channel 9 news probably isnt great for the self esteem either! :eek:

Round 1
Greenvale - 11-7-73
Craigieburn - 0-1-1

Round 2
Aberfeldie - 22-22-154
Craigieburn - 0-0-0

Round 3
Keilor - 34-9-213
Craigieburn - 0-0-0

Round 4
Pascoe Vale - 31-15-201
Craigieburn - 0-0-0

Round 5
Doutta Stars - 13-17-95
Craigieburn - 0-1-1

I think that in the interests of the nations children, the government should immediately step in and legislate that all sporting teams will win more than half of their games.

Round 1
Greenvale - 11-7-73
Craigieburn - 0-1-1

Round 2
Aberfeldie - 22-22-154
Craigieburn - 0-0-0

Round 3
Keilor - 34-9-213
Craigieburn - 0-0-0

Round 4
Pascoe Vale - 31-15-201
Craigieburn - 0-0-0

Round 5
Doutta Stars - 13-17-95
Craigieburn - 0-1-1

We should have a competition.
Guess when they will kick their first goal.

Round 1
Greenvale - 11-7-73
Craigieburn - 0-1-1

Round 2
Aberfeldie - 22-22-154
Craigieburn - 0-0-0

Round 3
Keilor - 34-9-213
Craigieburn - 0-0-0

Round 4
Pascoe Vale - 31-15-201
Craigieburn - 0-0-0

Round 5
Doutta Stars - 13-17-95
Craigieburn - 0-1-1

They've kicked two behinds then, so the problem isn't getting the ball up there, it's just accuracy!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They asked to be dropped back from div 4 to div 6, and were denied. Insanity.

I very much doubt any of those kids will play seniors. Sport can be fun if you're losing but competetive, but not like that.

Channel 9 has just played a report on a Craigiburn Junior Footy Club, who is getting beaten by huge margins every week.

Experts suggest that this could cause long term damage to the players self esteem.

I reckon having how crap you are on channel 9 news probably isnt great for the self esteem either! :eek:

and the poor kids copped more punishment by having a couple of Carlton players turn up to training [or are they trying to get a game ?] ;)

If you read the article this is not the first team for Cragieburn for their age group. Its Cragieburns second team. This is where diplomacy is a must. Few if any will go on to play senior footy anywhere as adults. But football wants to keep them as supporters. It should ensure they are in a division more associated to their ability to enjoy the game and continue to throughout their lives.

However the media get a good story because they get to talk about an awful bunch of losers and how people should feel sorry for the losing team while secretly many people are laughing at them.

They asked to be dropped back from div 4 to div 6, and were denied. Insanity.

I very much doubt any of those kids will play seniors. Sport can be fun if you're losing but competetive, but not like that.
Wouldn't have been more reasonable to ask to go to div 5?

Always liked these kinds of sides, their were the only ones we could ever beat.

When i was playing junior footy, the willagee team was playing kids who were 2-3 years younger, so it was 12 years vs 9 years. They lost to the top team by 40 goals, and the second bottom team beat them by like 150 points. When my team played them the full forward kicked 11 goals in the first quarter. I think eventually the team got kicked out. I don't know why the other teams would wanna play against a team like that.

I bet they are playing kids who are too young to make up the numbers, thats why they are getting flogged.

Actually if you have seen them play you will find that Craigiburn are shithouse and are in need of a new coach and some better players.

I'm more concerned for the mental wellbeing of the Greenvale juniors, who only managed to beat Craigieburn by a paltry 12 goals. While Craigieburn is to be pitied, Greenvale is now the competition laughing stock.

I'm more concerned for the mental wellbeing of the Greenvale juniors, who only managed to beat Craigieburn by a paltry 12 goals. While Craigieburn is to be pitied, Greenvale is now the competition laughing stock.
At least your team is winning. Craigiburn hasn't won a game.

Lol FE..last year in my green division(13's)..we won the flag after being moved down from gold (1st best to 2nd best)..we played a side called joondalup..and there kids were as short/soft/small as anything..We even had to rush a behind just to get precentage..but this CB story is way worse..do they even have a full team..in the picture it doesn't look like it.

P.S What age do you start playing for flags in Melbourne..over here it starts at 13's,its poo.

We even had to rush a behind just to get precentage..
What, you went through the entire season without conceding any score and played Joondalup in the final round? Good effort that :thumbsu:

Personally, I think a lot of responsibility for turning the season around lies with football father Hayden Laundry, quoted in the Leader article. He must surely be frustrated that their powdery resolve leads to regular fadeouts, staining Craigieburn’s good name.

He should forget about all this “child psychology” spin, otherwise the club might not keep him around for the next cycle. He needs to press them hard to be machines and clean a few players up, iron a few blokes out. No room for the Softy Softly approach.

He needs to tell these kids to stop carrying on like a bunch of Omos and start playing like Dynamos, otherwise they will just get hung out to dry.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back