Senior 9. Patrick Cripps

Remove this Banner Ad

guy who owns the traralgon bakery rang me today (carlton man) and asked who we were drafting and i told him cripps...

now it looks like i know something

Welcome mate. Stick with Brock In preseason and you will look lighting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have to be happy with that. Has the body to play in his first year. Tackles. Digs out the ball. Distributes. May even develop an overhead game if he works hard, giving him the chance to sneak forward for goals. Let's hope he turns into a Watson-type tall mid.

Any good? I don't get Carlton's obsession with drafting not for need.

Carlton needs young midfielders, our list was short on for good mids last season, there is a large group of our core mids nearing/entering their 30s, there is an alarming lack of midfield talent Carlton under 23 years of age at Carlton. Need about 10 good mids to be a top 4 side, if we don't start getting good young mids into our list we will bottom out in the post Judd, Carrazzo, Scotland, Simpson era. Don't believe half of what you hear in the media, we aren't that short on talls and this is a weak draft for them by all reports. Cripps is a Josh Kennedy type, the type that take you to flags.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks a strong powerful type who's got core strength and hits the contest in an impressive way, likes to build momentum at the lose ball. Similar attributes to Judd and Josh Kennedy. Hard to tackle, always a good sign.

Well done Patrick. Has a really good goal sense, had a real growth spurt about 18 or so months ago, was a very small, very clever forward in the national 15's carnival.

:blueheart::blueheart::blueheart:

DlgAG1zVsAA0qyj.jpg

#PCRIPPS3VOTES

Last edited:
Anyone reckon we should've gone with Cameron Mcarthy. Not gonna lie, I haven't seen any of Cripps but I have seen Mcarthy who I think will be very good.

I do trust our recruiting department though, AFL ready body, and it's about time we get a few first rounders right!! Welcome to Carlton Patty :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back