#9 - Rory Sloane

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: #19 - Rory Sloane

Rory Sloane is injured.I said in the Trials thread that it was a calf injury. But the more I think about it. It may be a Knee injury.

He went down in pain, And I expected an ankle injury with him limping heavily.

But after he came out of the change rooms, He had ice around the top of his lower leg almost right at the knee.

Re: #19 - Rory Sloane

Rory Sloane is injured.I said in the Trials thread that it was a calf injury. But the more I think about it. It may be a Knee injury.

He went down in pain, And I expected an ankle injury with him limping heavily.

But after he came out of the change rooms, He had ice around the top of his lower leg almost right at the knee.

What a massive pity, he was just starting to hit his straps. Hopefully it's not one of these long injuries that seems to cut players down for an entire year.

Re: #31 - Rory Sloane

Get to know Rory Sloane

By Katrina Gill 12:07 PM Mon 13 July, 2009
__adelsloane246a.jpg
Rory Sloane likes nothing better than new underpants

Do you have any pre-game superstitions?
No, I don’t worry about any of that sort of stuff.

What’s your favourite TV show?
It used to be Seinfeld, but it’s probably ‘How I Met Your Mother’ at the moment.

What’s the last book that you read?
It’s called ‘Occy: the rise, fall and rise of (surfer) Mark Occhilupo’. Its good reading. He’s got a couple of real funny stories.

What’s the worst injury you’ve had in your career?
I’d probably say the knee injury (medial strain) I suffered earlier this year. Otherwise, I’ve been pretty free of injuries. I’ve managed to get through without any broken bones so far.

What’s the ringtone on your mobile phone?
I used to have one by [the band] Cut Copy, but it’s just a standard Nokia tone now.

What kind of student were you at school?
You mean when I was there?! I was pretty relaxed. I put a little bit of effort into it and I really enjoyed school, but I was more there for the friends and to have a bit of fun.

What’s your favourite pastime away from footy?
I like to go surfing. I’m not too bad…I’m slowly getting better and I’ve had a bit of help from Rob Shirley and Nathan Bock. They took me out surfing on the Yorke Peninsula after we did the community camp over there. We found some good waves and it’s a nice spot.

What’s your favourite item of clothing?
I can’t go past a new pair of jocks…you can’t beat it.

What’s your earliest football memory?
I was playing under 10s back in Victoria and I kicked my first goal. I don’t remember the goal so much, but more so my dad who was the goal umpire. He was meant to be signalling the goal, but instead he was jumping around with his arms in the air. He was pretty stoked for me.

What’s your middle name?
Brandon

Who is your best mate at the club?
It’s a tough one. Most of the young blokes spend a lot of time together and I spend even more with Shauny Mac [McKernan] because we live together. I also lived with Jarrhan Jacky for a month when I first got over there, which was good fun.

Can you tell us about your family back home in Victoria?
I have an older brother who is 22, a younger sister who is 17 and my mum and dad as well. My brother, Dylan, plays local footy for Upwey-Tecoma in the seniors at the moment and my sister, Shae, plays quite a bit of volleyball. She’s up in Queensland at the moment for the national championships.
afc.com.au

I think the Stabby might have a accident in his pants when he reads about Sloaney mentioning jocks :p

I wonder why he moved out from Jacky's place? Might be to do with when Jacky went back home for a while? McKernan would probably be amusing to live with.

Usually the new draftees stay with a player until Christmas and then get moved in with a host family.

Nice article about Rory on AFC.com.au today:

http://www.afc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/4417/newsid/81283/default.aspx

The gist of the article is that Rory Sloane is not easily intimidated, is vocal and likable, and works his backside off. A few points from the article:

- Is working with Porplyzia on his kicking, I love the sound of that :thumbsu:
- Is also working on his running power at the moment.
- Craig said that if Sloane hadn't had the injury earlier this year he'd probably have played some AFL this year and possibly may still play some this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are either really really really desperate with your Dream Team or an idiot.
I don't play dream team and i'm not an idiot, so there goes your theories out the window. But i think you might be blind. or at least didn't read or think before you wrote that comment.
i'm good mates with rory and was at the first game and apart of the cheer squad there for him.

He's not without a chance (great game in the SANFL on the weekend) but probably not.

Watch for him to become a regular from next year :thumbsu:
was hoping he'd get another run in melbourne, would be good to see him on the field once again.

do you know if the players that don't get called up stay in adelaide or do they come down and watch?

For games out of SA, the ones that aren't playing stay in Adelaide because they play in the SANFL, except for the travelling emergency (I'd expect it would be Davis this week, not Rory).

For local games, they're expected to be at the game (wearing a suit and tie no less!) unless they have some other important commitment, ie if the game is on at the same time as their SANFL match.

For games out of SA, the ones that aren't playing stay in Adelaide because they play in the SANFL, except for the travelling emergency (I'd expect it would be Davis this week, not Rory).

For local games, they're expected to be at the game (wearing a suit and tie no less!) unless they have some other important commitment, ie if the game is on at the same time as their SANFL match.

Davis missed out on a SANFL game last weekend too though, I doubt the AFC would want him to miss two games in a row, especially when he's our next in line KPP at the moment, certainly a chance that Rory may make the trip.

http://www.afc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/4417/newsid/87355/default.aspx

'Draft day a blur', recalls Sloane

There is plenty of tossing and turning while your mind races at a million miles an hour, but for 2008 Adelaide draftee Rory Sloane it wasn’t a problem.

Sloane had just returned from his schoolies trip in the early hours of draft day and he managed to sleep until the first round of the draft.

It's been a while since Sloane was recruited and some of you may have forgotten how awesome this dude is. Read the article and remind yourself :p

4679575953_dc4ed4a7df.jpg

I got two shots of Rory at the St Kilda game, and in both he had his tongue out...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back