Player Watch #9: Trent Cotchin is an obscenely good 3 x Premiership Captain, Victorian Captain & Brownlow Medalist

Apr 13, 2008
Drunk in a ditch
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Psyduck, Psyduck, Psyduck
Yep agree needs to be put in her place fullstop .Club dealed with it done and dusted why continue on.Not sure if it's a media beat up.Either respect the club or go back to Vic.

And this is my point, she is not bigger than this club, she is a distraction and both her and her family needs to pull their bloody heads in as well.

FFS we have the wife of the captain and her dad making s**t all about them. Daddy should have kept his trap shut, IT IS NOT HELPING.

Phar Ace you gave me a dislike but I was a member of this club while these prima donnas were in nappies

And this is my point, she is not bigger than this club, she is a distraction and both her and her family needs to pull their bloody heads in as well.

FFS we have the wife of the captain and her dad making sh*t all about them. Daddy should have kept his trap shut, IT IS NOT HELPING.

Phar Ace you gave me a dislike but I was a member of this club while these prima donnas were in nappies

I gave your comment a dislike, not you.

Let's just say that you seem to want to tell people to go to hell, whereas I prefer to tell people to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip. Doesn't make either of us the better person, just different. The same could be said for the many involved as described. This won't be the last time Trent has to calm the farm - he's quite practiced at it. ;) There are many good people at the Club giving support and advice - it will pass.

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Yep agree needs to be put in her place fullstop .Club dealed with it done and dusted why continue on.Not sure if it's a media beat up.Either respect the club or go back to Vic.
It was done and dusted and forgotten about until Brooke's old man brought it up critising how RFC handled it. If he had a problem why not go to the club and not the media.

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Definite mayo on it, I’m sure that there was a point where she asked Trent if it was worth it, she was getting a lot of bullying online, don’t underestimate what that can do to a person, as an influencer she probably get’s a lot of negativity on social media, especially being Trent Cotchin’s wife, who is unfairly treated by opposition supporters as the next coming of the anti-christ, but it went next-level during that time, not sure I would want to stay in the hub after that as well. However I don’t think she would have come straight out and asked they go home for the rest of the season.
Nailed it J
If she demanded it.I can guarantee Caro would know before that slimeball Browne.
Just Mayo from a gutter Journo.

Serenity_Now

Club Legend
Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
It was done and dusted and forgotten about until Brooke's old man brought it up critising how RFC handled it. If he had a problem why not go to the club and not the media.
His comments were harmless and the media didn’t give it much traction. Seemed like he was just asked a question while doing a radio interview, f**k all in it. Benny’s wife’s comments are what made the story bigger than what it should be.

ryza87

Club Legend
Sep 8, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
So basically this is in response to her dad throwing fuel on a fire that was all but extinguished and old Tom who is struggling to get any traction story wise has ran with it to make it flare up even more.

Thanks for clearing it up by posting what was actually stated
Who has Twitter to reply with some facts to that weazle brown?! I'm sick of that deadset oxygen theif, its amazing how he gets air time.

Mar 13, 2007
THE TAN
AFL Club
Richmond

FFS we have the wife of the captain and her dad making sh*t all about them. Daddy should have kept his trap shut, IT IS NOT HELPING.

Did the Dad and wife contact the media and do you have the questions they were asked ?

tropicaltiger

🏆2017 🏆2019 🏆2020
Jan 4, 2002
cairns
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Snakes
More added from this mornings article.
Tom Browne the weasel decided to put some mayo on something that wasn't other than a reaction on weather it's worth it to stay.
What a waste of oxygen he is.
browne.jpg

Jul 8, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
This story does smell a bit from a journalistic point of view. So the new controversy is Benny's wife's comments on the matter? There is zero chance Bennys wife rang Tom Browne to give him the scoop, the matter was dead and buried. More likely Tom rang the club to do an interview with Bennys wife on life as a CEOs partner or some such then dug the dirt. Benny, Trent and other leaders at the club are trained how to handle media, not so much their wives.

Quite clear the media are out to get us. Trying to destablise.

Oh yeah, sure. They get together and plan a "Bring Down Richmond" strategy. You give the media way too much credit. They, for the most part, live story to story. We get way more good media than we do anything negative. Try supporting North Melbourne if you really want to feel like 'the media are out to get us'.

EDIT.

Even our good media friend Parrot gets it:

"But the Tigers are enduring a storyline which just won't go away, a storyline being driven by the power of family – personal family and football club family.

And while it is far from normal, every single person involved in it should be cut some deserved slack, given this football club has openly encouraged expressing vulnerability and real emotion.

The captain and his wife. Her father. The coach. The CEO and his wife. All have seen raging media headlines generated out of their actions and words since the Tigers set up base in a Gold Coast hub, and given the COVID-19 pandemic-generated stresses of 2020, all their words and actions are actually OK.

Put yourself in any of those shoes. I defy you to act any differently in the way you would choose to defend a loved one."

I defy the chicken littles on here as well - geez some people just love an us against the word moment.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, sure. They get together and plan a "Bring Down Richmond" strategy. You give the media way too much credit. They, for the most part, live story to story. We get way more good media than we do anything negative. Try supporting North Melbourne if you really want to feel like 'the media are out to get us'.
We are everyones grand final

We are everyones grand final

With Two Premiership Flags and Minor Premiers in between the last three years, it is as it should be!

Last edited:
Back