Player Watch #9: Trent Cotchin is an obscenely good 3 x Premiership Captain, Victorian Captain & Brownlow Medalist

Remove this Banner Ad

i dont have snippets of proof to show you, I have no agenda dude. try watching a few interviews with cotch.
No snippets of him being a thug or speaking of such .

Enjoy what he offers , rather than finding a way to cut him
down . After experiencing decades after decades of s**t leadership , hIs leadership on and off field should be lauded .

No snippets of him being a thug or speaking of such .

Enjoy what he offers , rather than finding a way to cut him
down . After experiencing decades after decades of sh*t leadership , hIs leadership on and off field should be lauded .
not cutting him down mate, youre on the wrong track.
As I said he is one of my favorite players. I enjoy watching him play and what he offers.

Maybe you should look at my earlier posts in the rolliing AA team, I was saying he is in AA form.

But im allowed to not like his play when he lost himself a few years ago, if I find something to back it up ill link it to you.

EDIT... this is what I said just recently scroll down a little

Used to think could be future captain. Not any more.
Grimes.
Agree but Grimes is a bit older, if Cotch was to stand down we should be aiming at a younger prospect. And it would be good if the new captain had at least a year in charge while Cotch is still playing, a transistion. Im not asking for a new captain but Cotch would have an idea how long he will play. Other than Vlaus and Grimes who else is captain material? We play a system and everyone does a job. Maybe our team is the one due for multiple captains?

Agree but Grimes is a bit older, if Cotch was to stand down we should be aiming at a younger prospect. And it would be good if the new captain had at least a year in charge while Cotch is still playing, a transistion. Im not asking for a new captain but Cotch would have an idea how long he will play. Other than Vlaus and Grimes who else is captain material? We play a system and everyone does a job. Maybe our team is the one due for multiple captains?
I reckon our next premiership will see him retire and never to be seen again within football circles .

I reckon our next premiership will see him retire and never to be seen again within football circles .

Yes, and I reckon he’d be one of those guys who bobs up years later on the news for some totally unrelated reason, like discovering a new method of harvesting lettuce and his company gets sold to a Norweigian conglomerate for $9 billion

Used to think could be future captain. Not any more.
Grimes.
i love dylan, but from someone who's seen a bit of his business (i have a mate who has worked at his winery for quite some time now)....i doubt how truly invested he'd be as skipper. he's not been in the leadership group for a reason.

my money is on trent continuing on for a wee bit longer and giving it to graham eventually.

I think when Cotchin retires there will be two moments that define his career. That goal against Geelong in the 2017 finals series, and the Mumford tackle in the 2019 grand final.
Lets hope there’s a defining moment or two to come in the next couple of years .
Two Big hits on Sheild and Dangerfield during the finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think when Cotchin retires there will be two moments that define his career. That goal against Geelong in the 2017 finals series, and the Mumford tackle in the 2019 grand final.
Lets hope there’s a defining moment or two to come in the next couple of years .

I liked his highlight reel from the game against Sydney in 2015 when he stole the ball off Josh Kennedy and ran off with it, which was also the game where he kicked the goal while lying on the ground

Just an all time great...
How quickly we all forget with the passing of the years...
Carried the team for years...that's how he ended up hunched...
Did all the hard work at the coal face so Dusty could get free to do his stuff...
Him and Richo in my team of great tiger players could not give a toss about the other picks...

There’s guys as tough as him, like Jack Viney and Selwood.

There’s guys as skilful as him, like GAJ and Petracca.

But there’s no one as tough and skilful as him, now that Hodge has retired.

Chimp does is it the guts

Doesn't hide in the back pocket playing as the loose man

There’s guys as tough as him, like Jack Viney and Selwood.

There’s guys as skilful as him, like GAJ and Petracca.

But there’s no one as tough and skilful as him, now that Hodge has retired.

Viney tries but he’s just not at the same level.
I hope I never read another sentence where duckwood is compared to chimp

Cotchin always senses the big moments and has turned the game to our favour countless times, with his desperation and determination. How many occasions have we seen Cotch dive on a ball and feed it out to our running players? How many times have we seen him break from packs and find a target? How many times has he inspired those around him?

I hope Cotchin plays on for as long as he can because he is now the best captain in the league, hands down!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back