Player Watch #9: Trent Cotchin is an obscenely good 3 x Premiership Captain, Victorian Captain & Brownlow Medalist

Remove this Banner Ad

people do not like him now, cause he's successful and a gun.

acquantainces who support other teams believe he's become a thug/sniper. he's not tough, and was gifted the 2017 GF by the AFL after the shiels hit. I countered that I as a tiger have watched cotch from his debut and cotch has always played like that. no comeback.

they see what they want to see.

What a great career by our leader Cotch.
No coincidence our rise to the top mirrors the emergence of Cotch from a Captain who looked lost too what he is today.Bit like our side.
Great man.Great Leader.

OMFG I’m all teary. What a beautiful video, god I hope they can go out there tonight and make it a 250th to remember.

The toughest tiger of them all.

Special player. Remember sitting in the stands back in 2008 as he debuted against Geelong. you could see the players looking to him as a leader in that game. I remember saying to my mate at the time, "this guy is special".

His third quarter in the prelim in 2017......superb!! He just redefined a captain's performance.

You can tell he's loved by those close to him, not to mention 100,000+ who don't know him but love him nonetheless.

Congrats on 250. hopefully game 251 is even more special.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One Trent Cotchin

Captained 4 Premierships
Syd Coventry, Collingwood
Dick Reynolds, Essendon
Michael Tuck, Hawthorn

Captained 3 Premierships
John Nicholls, Carlton
Michael Voss, Brisbane
Luke Hodge, Hawthorn
Alan La Fontaine, Melbourne

So 7 men in 123 completed seasons have skippered 3 or more flags.

That was the previous list.

This is the new list:

Captained 4 Premierships
Syd Coventry, Collingwood
Dick Reynolds, Essendon
Michael Tuck, Hawthorn

Captained 3 Premierships
John Nicholls, Carlton
Michael Voss, Brisbane
Luke Hodge, Hawthorn
Alan La Fontaine, Melbourne
Trent Cotchin, Richmond

One of only 8 players to captain 3 or more flags in VFL/AFL history. And have a look at the other names on the lists. With all due respect to him(and I do respect what he achieved) there are no Nick Maxwells on that list.

Come on Mods, stop resting on your laurels, why hasn’t the thread title been updated yet?
Too busy watching replays! Ha ha.

Update has been made!

What a champion of our club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back