Player Watch #9: Trent Cotchin is an obscenely good 3 x Premiership Captain, Victorian Captain & Brownlow Medalist

Remove this Banner Ad

Still not sure about next year for him. Yes, he got it a lot last night, but he didn't really win may balls, and his disposal is still very poor (it's never been good). He's not a creator, and he's not damaging. Plus, he's dreadfully slow.

I don't think he offers any more than several young kids (Ross, RCD), and they still have upside.

There's a few old guys just hanging on - Houli, Jack, Cotchin - I've been surprised at how poor Edwards was this year.

Decisions, decisions.

Over the past month you can really see him digging in deep to pull out some performances- you got to respect the guy. Despite it, i still think he should be retiring this season, maybe with a pre-season refresh he can come back better. If he is just the same as this season though, its going to be a hard watch

Still not sure about next year for him. Yes, he got it a lot last night, but he didn't really win may balls, and his disposal is still very poor (it's never been good). He's not a creator, and he's not damaging. Plus, he's dreadfully slow.

I don't think he offers any more than several young kids (Ross, RCD), and they still have upside.

There's a few old guys just hanging on - Houli, Jack, Cotchin - I've been surprised at how poor Edwards was this year.

Decisions, decisions.

Only had 15 contested disposals, four more than any player on the ground :drunk:

I wonder if that was his last game as the skipper , perhaps to hand it down & concentrate on just playing for the final chapter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty sure he's been carrying an injury.
He's still got it, confident he'll get back to his best

Cotchin has an absolute ripper month. It's also difficult to play one role - a successful role - for five years and then have to drastically change that role overnight.

Jack isn't as concerning as Tom Lynch.

Edwards has been hampered by injury bur definitely the worst thus far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cotchin has an absolute ripper month. It's also difficult to play one role - a successful role - for five years and then have to drastically change that role overnight.

Jack isn't as concerning as Tom Lynch.

Edwards has been hampered by injury bur definitely the worst thus far.
Lynch has been hampered all year from my observation. Not sure if it’s going to be the norm for him with his knee, but he just doesn’t seem to move as well as he did when he was with the Suns? Hopefully, it can be rectified

Dylan Grimes for me as the next captain

Actually pretty happy with the move by Cotch
Gives him a chance to hit next season without baggage of being a captain but will still have his influence around the club and help the transition

Actually pretty happy with the move by Cotch
Gives him a chance to hit next season without baggage of being a captain but will still have his influence around the club and help the transition
Agree and takes pressure off if his form is down and needs a spell.

Grimes or Graham my bet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back