Player Watch #9: Trent Cotchin is an obscenely good 3 x Premiership Captain, Victorian Captain & Brownlow Medalist

Greggy

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2006
Earth
AFL Club
Richmond
Pure class, in a pack he glides like a knife through butter. Think with more experience playing with Conca and Lids he'll generate lots of outside run for these 2.

jko'neal

Cancelled
Oct 16, 2003
Perth
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
LA Lakers, Arsenal
I was against him being made captain by just wanting him to get through 2 or 3 years of footy without injury, but right now he is our best player and leader. Next year he must be captain:thumbsu:

ize_

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
I get sucked in by Martin because he's a game breaker. But the only reason Cotch lives is to be a mad footy player FOR RICHMOND. He's a superior player in almost every way. And he's our best player by a fair margin. I didn't think that last year but I sure as hell think it now.

getthefooty

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 30, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
He has everything, honestly I can't think of too many others players in the comp with a game this complete. Ridiculous inside player, absolute class when he has the ball, competes and competes and competes all night. Tonight I even saw extreme bursts of pace over the first 5 meters that I didn't realise he had.

Spluff

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2009
Geelong
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Steelers
He has everything, honestly I can't think of too many others players in the comp with a game this complete. Ridiculous inside player, absolute class when he has the ball, competes and competes and competes all night. Tonight I even saw extreme bursts of pace over the first 5 meters that I didn't realise he had.

He's always had pace but the injuries he picks up over the course of the season tend to suck it out of him. Even last year he was at least 25% faster at the start of the season than the end.

I think I'll struggle to find a wife that I love as much as Cotchin.
I have a wife who bore me two beautiful children. She cooks like a master chef. She gives head like a vacuum cleaner. Cleans the house and rakes in twice as much money than I do.
And yet, I still wish she was Trent Cotchin.

1980GFVideo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2004
Heidelberg
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Id rather we had won that meaningless game three years ago against St Kilda late in the year.

Terry was on the big screen tonight but couldnt make out what he was saying with his raspy voice.

Was he claiming credit for us getting Cotchin and Martin.

The Rusty Trombone

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2007
K Mart Car Park
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
World Donkey Punch Championships
Enter Santa to high jack thread with negativity and a 5 page rant on why didn't draft Kyle Horsely to support Cotchin at the stoppages.

Cotchin should be Captain next year , no doubt about it.

Oct 7, 2001
Punt Road
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Melbourne Heart, Furies
Absolutely outstanding. I've felt sorry for him so far this season. Feels like he's one of the only ones giving 100% while others, especially our 'very good players', plod along at 75%.

Go Cotchin! Actually, still underrated I feel. Maybe not so much by opposition supporters, but by the media.

Tonight I even saw extreme bursts of pace over the first 5 meters that I didn't realise he had.

I noticed this last week. The difference in him becoming one of the competition elites. We are going to see some special moments from him this year.

ize_

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Absolutely outstanding. I've felt sorry for him so far this season. Feels like he's one of the only ones giving 100% while others, especially our 'very good players', plod along at 75%.

Go Cotchin! Actually, still underrated I feel. Maybe not so much by opposition supporters, but by the media.
Absolutely spot on. That's what it looks like. Particularly Dusty, Jack and Vickery!

Aug 11, 2004
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Formerly Orlando Magic
There was a stoppage where Blair literally was bear hugging Cotchin in an attempt to keep him out of the contest, I said to my girlfriend "Cothin will get this", and within half a second he managed to get a quick hand on the ball and dropped it on his boot and got it forward by 30metres.

I....love.....Trent.....Cotchin

Back