Player Watch #9: Trent Cotchin is an obscenely good 3 x Premiership Captain, Victorian Captain & Brownlow Medalist

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks Cotch.
A Richmond legend.

I'd also like Grimes to be the next Captain if they go with more experience.
I think Cotch was a good young Captain to lead a young team and grow together but I feel with a more mature team we should go Grimes, Floss, Dusty ahead of Graham for the time being.
I think Grimes is the ideal replacement, but from what Jack said on AFL360 looks the older guys will help try to blood a younger captain. JGTI

It is a brave decision by a player who in his last game does a PCL injury early on and still grinds out the whole match.

One of the great captains of the RFC maybe only Jack Dyer ahead of him for renown but what great heights did he achieve being captain.

Cotchin one of the best true ruck rovers the AFL has seen and brave also because a fit Tigers outfit and we are a shot for another premiership

giving up a realistic chance of being a four time premiership captain for benefit of the club and its succession planing

Well done champ. Tiger Captain for life.

Captain Cotch.

All courage and class and forever a club champion we will all be eternally grateful for.

Right decision, perfectly timed.

2126501_1_O.jpg

user-images%2F2e%2F2e2ea2304332a5e00220e4ae7699d9b1.jpg

22e8358e8c2d6c6e432dc0c1fcc4b33b

Tm0nMkrItxePf5aSV3HuhVYW304xFqGSTk2TauF7IHA.jpg

5b33a8d4b10997b39e478977f59d3295

12009844-3x2-940x627.jpg

432614b48bbed13fa781f22d77718558
e291ca2f0e0893c0d1c48d3cb12a5231aad4236f.jpg

Joel Selwood looks like he will hang on to be the longest serving AFL captain for pure selfish reason cf to Cotchin passing the baton at the right time.

Takes it from Sticks next season.

"They say the darkest hour is right before the dawn
And in the hour of greatest slaughter, the great avenger is being born..." (Paul Kelly)

On Sunday, August 26 (1990), just a couple of weeks after the Tigers launched their desperate, life-saving SOS campaign to raise one million dollars by October 31 that year, or be forced to fold, relocate or merge, 10,000 Yellow and Black devotees flocked to the MCG to hear a host of famous Club identities strongly back the survival plan.

A few months earlier, Trent William Cotchin, the most successful RFC Captain of any era, had just been born.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trent Cotchin. One of the greatest, most important Tigers of all time. One of the greatest leaders in football history.

He didn't sag off as loose man in defence like Hodge, he slammed into the coalface, week after week, year after year. He didn't need his hand held by a co-captain like Voss. He didn't destroy the fabric of his club like the coked-up woman-glasser.

Give him a statue next to Jack's. Captain Blood and The Richmond Man.

All love, Cotch. Thanks.

It is a brave decision by a player who in his last game does a PCL injury early on and still grinds out the whole match.

One of the great captains of the RFC maybe only Jack Dyer ahead of him for renown but what great heights did he achieve being captain.

Cotchin one of the best true ruck rovers the AFL has seen and brave also because a fit Tigers outfit and we are a shot for another premiership

giving up a realistic chance of being a four time premiership captain for benefit of the club and its succession planing

Well done champ. Tiger Captain for life.

Would have loved to see what Dale Weightman could have achieved in the same era. Neck and neck for mine!

Joel Selwood looks like he will hang on to be the longest serving AFL captain for pure selfish reason cf to Cotchin passing the baton at the right time.

Sorry, who is he again?

My sister was lucky enough to get a tour of Punt Road with Cotchy himself as part of a work thing. Super jealous.

She managed to get me a personalised autograph and photo though. Thank you for everything Cotchy, what a legend.

His goals in the 2017 qualifying final and 2019 grand final will be remembered forever.

cotchyy.jpg

Congratulations on a hugely successful captaincy, Trent Cotchin :)

1 premiership

In Trents first season I was wondering what the fuss was about
later that year I saw a game V Lions at Etihad
he got a loose ball on the wing but is corralled by 4 Lions
he kept evading the four tacklers and hit Tuck in the stomach
with a 30 mar bullet of a hand pass
I was completely sold , it was a little piece of elite play
for a first year player to do that WOW
and it only got better from there 😀

Love ya Cotch

One of my fav moments, theres a bit of play us against Ess with Cotch and Fletcher running at a ball opposite each other with enough ground to get to full tilt.
They get there about the same time
Cotch doesnt slow down picks it up and blind turns in the same movement, Fletcher goes the player and misses him completely. It was awesome.

Thanks for leading us all your a champ.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back