Player Watch #9: Trent Cotchin is an obscenely good 3 x Premiership Captain, Victorian Captain & Brownlow Medalist

Remove this Banner Ad

That's such a good read. I love the close bond he has with Dimma and I'm glad he's let that armour go a bit. You can tell when he's singing the song that he's just letting himself enjoy the wins this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep he's got his 2012 mojo back. Poor bastard in the third put his teapot stance on while shaking his head as he was given no support for about the 100th time on the day. Was a true leader today , but too many passengers and insipid footballers that couldn't lift to his call.

Dunno if they were insipid, but they were completely outmatched by a gun outfit. Cotchin wasn't, he was brilliant. Our team's got a ways to go, and we still lack a lot of the cattle that'll get us anywhere meaningful.

That seems a little harsh. I just don't think he'll ever be a demonstrative leader. We either need to unearth a Hodge/Selwood type to take over as captain, or we need to somehow bolster the leadership group to give him as much assistance as possible. The last two weeks have smacked of poor on-field leadership and organisation as much as anything.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
He doesn't need to be a demonstrative leader, he just needs to be a leader of some kind. He completely lacks leadership and never stands up or takes control, or directs the players when the game is on the line.

The only thing in his favor is that the leadership at the club is so pathetic that there's noone who could replace him anyway. It wouldn't be worth replacing him with jack or Rance at this stage due to their age.

Cotchin has been good this year, why are people still bitching on him? I will defend this man until the day I die, we'd be in a better place on-field if more people played with the heart Cotchin plays with.

why is it that cinderhound and theyellowsash only appear after a loss and always seem to post in the same thread ????
Hopefully Richmond wins next week so these two jokers can take the week off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back