Player Watch #9: Trent Cotchin is an obscenely good 3 x Premiership Captain, Victorian Captain & Brownlow Medalist

Remove this Banner Ad

I am liking the signs of Dusty pointing to his jumper during last nights game and standing next to the club captain in the team song. Lol to Norf fans for dreaming that Dusty is going to their minnow club.

Players move for a few reasons:

-Move to a new city/go home factor/escape the Melbourne bubble (Ablett, Dangerfield, Franklin, etc)
-More opportunity at another club (Shaun Grigg, Bachar Houli)
-Move to a contender (Brian Lake, Tyrone Vickery)
-Want to play with the best young list of all time and play in premierships (Adam Treloar)

North are none of those things. They are a s**t minnow club with no fans and they're based in his current city. It wouldn't surprise me that much if Dusty left, but it won't be to North.

-Move to a new city/go home factor/escape the Melbourne bubble (Ablett, Dangerfield, Franklin, etc)
-Want to play with the best young list of all time and play in premierships (Adam Treloar)

North are none of those things. They are a s**t minnow club with no fans and they're based in his current city. It wouldn't surprise me that much if Dusty left, but it won't be to North.
The signs are he wants to stay, but if he did want to go then it wouldn't be to those minnows. One of the most vanilla teams in the AFL with no elite players. I can see why they are targeting gun players but there is nothing going for them to attract big names.

Last edited:

I don't want to side track a Cotchin thread but what reason would he leave us?

I love Cotch...evidently. But....am I the only one who has a bad feeling about all of this? There is something strange about it, something is amiss.

When I was in year 12 I thought that I has finally worked it out, worked out life. Was an adult...all sorted. Had a few DnM's with mates and sorted it.
Then when I went to Uni I remember thinking how naïve I was in school...wtf....I didn't know s**t back then!! Lucky I've worked it out now.
Fast forward 5 years and I looked back on the uni days thinking...jeez I was a crazy hippie with some crazy ideas. Lucky I've cracked the code now. Now I understand life.
Fast forward 5 years...and on...and on...and on...

I feel like Cotch is speaking about a continual growing as if it's complete. The final piece of the puzzle was becoming more open....and now I am the perfect man. Now that I can realise my flaws...I am complete.

I hope Cotch realises that challenges never stop and that he's still beginning the journey. I'd love to have a chat with the great man over a beer and get into some of this stuff.

He had a break down of some sorts, he's admitted to that. But to me it sounds like he thinks he's back when perhaps he's got a while to go.

Ps all speculation. Who knows what's in his head when you only see edited snippets. :)

I love Cotch...evidently. But....am I the only one who has a bad feeling about all of this? There is something strange about it, something is amiss.

When I was in year 12 I thought that I has finally worked it out, worked out life. Was an adult...all sorted. Had a few DnM's with mates and sorted it.
Then when I went to Uni I remember thinking how naïve I was in school...wtf....I didn't know s**t back then!! Lucky I've worked it out now.
Fast forward 5 years and I looked back on the uni days thinking...jeez I was a crazy hippie with some crazy ideas. Lucky I've cracked the code now. Now I understand life.
Fast forward 5 years...and on...and on...and on...

I feel like Cotch is speaking about a continual growing as if it's complete. The final piece of the puzzle was becoming more open....and now I am the perfect man. Now that I can realise my flaws...I am complete.

I hope Cotch realises that challenges never stop and that he's still beginning the journey. I'd love to have a chat with the great man over a beer and get into some of this stuff.

He had a break down of some sorts, he's admitted to that. But to me it sounds like he thinks he's back when perhaps he's got a while to go.

Ps all speculation. Who knows what's in his head when you only see edited snippets. :)
To me it actually feels like he's finally realised he's not perfect. You can see on instagram and stuff, what he allows us to see that is, that he seems happy and a lot more relaxed than he was even a year ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the whole cotch has been very good this year however I reckon his last month that his form has tapered , from memory all of those games <20p . I have no doubt that the,oppo are putting 100% focus on the skipper , giving up on trying to contain dusty. Some tactics need to be employed to get cotch firing we need him at his best

I even reckon a fine would be stiff for that chippie slap, but the houli trials have left me scarred :oops:
They'll give him 2 weeks for no reason

the saints bloke went down faster than elton john on his wedding night

lol there was a medical report from the saints for it

lets hope it was just saying he had no issues, because if they said anything was wrong with him from a tummy tap where he staged then they can get ****ed

free to play
Will be reviewed after a Hun reader poll tomorrow shows 86% find the penalty inadequate.*

* half the respondents had to look up 'inadequate' in the dictionary. Don't even get me started on 'manifestly'.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back