Remove this Banner Ad

jle101

Club Legend
Sep 3, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Williamstown Seagulls
Random workshop project for us shut-ins. I was wondering, what with all the talented graphic designers around these parts, if there was anyone here who would like to have a stab at doing some mockups of the awesome cricket kits that were seen during the old tri-series here in Oz during the mid to late 90's? I'm shocking at graphic design tbqh, but would love to see what someone here could do with these designs. Please allow me to attach a few pictures for reference. What I loved about these kits is that each country had their very own version of the design.

Australia

GOQpl6w.jpg

3hUAg0M.jpg

England

ZP95Ikt.png

India (worn by the players for a tournament in Malaysia)

QfisnfO.png

New Zealand

PtVxoZL.png

Pakistan

SwPKxT2.jpg

South Africa

7MXripa.jpg

dOs7u40.jpg

Sri Lanka (with red numbers!)

QkGXRr6.png

zwaVKnU.png

West Indies

sSQgnTg.png

Zimbabwe

JYYheGK.png

-

This is a pretty random thread, so I understand if the interest isn't really there. Just thought I'd put this out there as these are my all-time favourite cricket kits. I can also attach some team logos used during the time if that also helps.

Holy crap that's unreal mate. Did you just knock that up today?

Last edited:

These are insanely good, you've got it spot on down to the helmets, sponsors & everything. Works of art.

These aren't entirely accurate... the 1994/95 templates never actually had numbers on the shirts or pants, but I left them on there just for some consistency.
Looks superb & I agree with putting a value on consistency. The Zimbabwean jumper could possibly use a couple more green vertical stripes though, if the picture from the OP is anything to go by. Loving these all the same, can't wait to see who's next.

Almost forgot about Australia A, who also had a pretty cool look.

sOmOVcG.png

Would you also consider eventually doing the old school Mercantile Mutual Cup kits as well?

Also stumbled across a great image of the SL shirt worth sharing

seuAbid.jpg

These pictures are great. I would like to see what you could do with so of the older shirts. I have tried to capture the shirts worn by Australia over the years but they fail to be as good as yours.

VfiTAGJ.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would love to see if mfcrox has any more goodness to add to this thread :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back