90s player revue nights

sammy_ch

Cancelled
Feb 12, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Did anyone ever go to one of these? A friend recently told me about one at Perth Entertainment Centre where the team did the full monty. Apparently there was a banner to cover the lads once they took their underwear off, but not all the players could fit behind it!

StevieJ83

Senior List
Apr 26, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Renault F1 Team
Fairly sure they were televised as well on Channel 7. Might be able to hunt them down online or similar.

Haydos_WCE

Team Captain
Jun 14, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats & Perth Glory
I think the last one was in 2000. As StevieJ83 said, it was televised on 7.

From the 2000 Yearbook:

Vgl7Dil.jpg

sammy_ch

Cancelled
Feb 12, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
They were all the rage back in the 90s. My cricket club even did them. The stuff that took place just wouldn't fly in today's world.

So true, everything is so PC nowadays. Any interesting stories to tell?

royalsfan

Club Legend
Jun 17, 2005
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
Did anyone ever go to one of these? A friend recently told me about one at Perth Entertainment Centre where the team did the full monty. Apparently there was a banner to cover the lads once they took their underwear off, but not all the players could fit behind it!

Yes. I went to all the reviews. Would love for the club to do them again. I remember Daniel Metropolis and Jako loved dressing up as women! I also remember a very

sammy_ch

Cancelled
Feb 12, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Nothing X-rated, per se. But when the Windies were touring in 96/97 they did a KFC commercial. We decided to parody that commercial. We were white guys, so of course, out came the shoe polish.
These days it'd end up on social media and I'd probably lose my job.

Haha, oh dear. Yeah, it's hard now with everything online

sammy_ch

Cancelled
Feb 12, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
They showed one of these on the Wings Over Waverley DVD.
Thanks for the tip. I just looked it up on eBay -- it's rated G, so I'm guessing it's not too racey, unless no one cared back then, haha

Back