Movie 90th Academy Awards

Remove this Banner Ad

Well in the case of Guadagnino, openly homosexual. Of course that’s going to fit into Chalamet’s little idealised post Weinstein Hollywood sandbox. And I repeat the basic premise of CMBYN again....a film directed by an openly gay man, about an predatory older gay man preying on an underage boy of ultimately indeterminate sexuality.

And we glorify that? Whilst condemning James Franco?
If that is your issue, then why aren't you ranting against Ivory's almost certain win in Adapted Screenplay, instead of Chalamet? So illogical.

Watch for Greta Gerwig to take home the best director gong as Hollywood seeks to ‘reflect’ the #me too witchunt.

Bookmark it boys and girls.

It is a great and accomplished movie

Blade Runner crushing these technical categories, really makes you wonder how it didn't get nominated. They can select up to 10 after all (or just replace it with the pedestrian Darkest Hour).

Janney was good, but it was still a one-note performance. The two Ls should have gotten more love/push.

Kobe getting an Oscar only exists to have Kobe getting an Oscar. Dear Basketball was hot garbage.

Have you seen the mother - it was note for note realistic!

Blade Runner crushing these technical categories, really makes you wonder how it didn't get nominated. They can select up to 10 after all (or just replace it with the pedestrian Darkest Hour).

The Florida Project really should've been in there in the place of Darkest Hour.

But yes, Roger Deakins finally winning an Oscar after 14 (beautifully filmed) nominations is probably the highlight so far.

Lowlight is the fake crying in the middle of that performance of This Is Me. Just a tad overwrought.

EDIT: 89 year old James Ivory also winning at long last was also a great thing.

Have you seen the mother - it was note for note realistic!
That just doesn't really interest me, and where the person is just straight up trash it leaves little in the way of nuance.

Metcalf's depiction of a mother was far more realistic, to me anyway. If she wasn't your mother, she was definitely someone you knew.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That just doesn't really interest me, and where the person is just straight up trash it leaves little in the way of nuance.

Metcalf's depiction of a mother was far more realistic, to me anyway. If she wasn't your mother, she was definitely someone you knew.

I agree with that actually

There was no way Oldman wasn't going to watch. I went and watched the film a few weeks ago and he was incredible. First thing I said to my mate after leaving was that Best Actor had been sewn up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back