Movie 90th Academy Awards

Remove this Banner Ad

Must have been for that single bomber that flies over the beach, that they repeat 3 times during this masterpiece...
You are just obsessed with trashing it aren't you?
God forbid you have a different opinion to most.

Must have been for that single bomber that flies over the beach, that they repeat 3 times during this masterpiece...

haha!

That film that Jennifer Lopez was in is probably better!

than your posting

Well in the case of Guadagnino, openly homosexual. Of course that’s going to fit into Chalamet’s little idealised post Weinstein Hollywood sandbox. And I repeat the basic premise of CMBYN again....a film directed by an openly gay man, about an predatory older gay man preying on an underage boy of ultimately indeterminate sexuality.

And we glorify that? Whilst condemning James Franco?

Kevin Spacey got removed from a film, and possibly missed an Oscars nom (for "All The Money In The World") for doing a similar thing.

Kevin Spacey got removed from a film, and possibly missed an Oscars nom (for "All The Money In The World") for doing a similar thing.

Yep.

The hypocrisy Hollywood, the hypocrisy of the left, and the power of the homosexual community when they want things to work in there favour. It knows no bounds.

I’m just pleased that little kuck Chamalet went home empty handed. Now hopefully his career will fade away into obscurity.

Last edited:
I haven't seen the film but it appears to be consensual at least.

Not at all the same as what Spacey did.

I haven't seen the film but it appears to be consensual at least.

Not at all the same as what Spacey did.

Two words....

POWER IMBALANCE.

Some of these degenerate freaks think 12 year olds can give ‘consent’.

This is what gives the oft cited claim of an acceptance of homosexuality leading to a slow march toward an acceptance of paedophilia, legs.

And I’m sorry, age of consent or not, if I had a 17 year old daughter and I found out some thirty something male was sexually pursuing her, I would find him and encourage him in the strongest possible terms, to look elsewhere for a mate.

Two words....

POWER IMBALANCE.

Some of these degenerate freaks think 12 year olds can give ‘consent’.

This is what gives the oft cited claim of an acceptance of homosexuality leading to a slow march toward an acceptance of paedophilia, legs.

And I’m sorry, age of consent or not, if I had a 17 year old daughter and I found out some thirty something male was sexually pursuing her, I would find him and encourage him in the strongest possible terms, to look elsewhere for a mate.

Aren't you a big fan of Donald Trump?

One is an attempted molestation of a 14 year old by a 26 year old. The world was rightly disgusted.

Another is a mutually consenting relationship between 17 & 24 year olds. The world swooned, recalling their own first love.

You're using Hammer's real life age of 31 and Chalamet's character's age of 17 to make your point. In real life Chalamet is 22. In the movie Hammer's character is 24. I'm 31 now, and yes, I wouldn't have a relationship with a 17 year old. A 24 year old with a 17 year old I might find a little unusual. But unlike you, I have actually seen the movie, and had no ethical issue with it.

But all's good, your comment equating homosexuality and pedophilia shows your real agenda - you're just a bigoted homophobic *******. Good thing you weren't around last year when "the gay movie" actually won.

One is an attempted molestation of a 14 year old by a 26 year old. The world was rightly disgusted.

Another is a mutually consenting relationship between 17 & 24 year olds. The world swooned, recalling their own first love.

The world swooned?

The Bryan Singers of this world certainly would of that’s for sure, not so sure about the world.

Personally, I think Brokeback Mountain was a far more touching story if you are into that sort of thing. No age or power imbalance, no twink boy fantasies on screen. Just love.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of Oscar preference polls were taken in the lead up to the Oscars, and Call Me By Your Name seemed to play consistently strongly across demographics, regardless of age, race, continent, etc. Middle Easterns, the elderly, Asians, rated it highest. I think the film is rather universal, and audiences are responding to it in such fashion.

I saw it back in June at the Sydney Film Festival, so I'm surprised it actually got as far as winning an Oscar and competing for Best Actor, but that's evidence of how strongly it has touched audiences and stood out among the acclaimed films this year.

A lot of Oscar preference polls were taken in the lead up to the Oscars, and Call Me By Your Name seemed to play consistently strongly across demographics, regardless of age, race, continent, etc. Middle Easterns, the elderly, Asians, rated it highest. I think the film is rather universal, and audiences are responding to it in such fashion.

I saw it back in June at the Sydney Film Festival, so I'm surprised it actually got as far as winning an Oscar and competing for Best Actor, but that's evidence of how strongly it has touched audiences and stood out among the acclaimed films this year.

I’ve seen it also, and personally, I found our own Holding The Man to be a far superior piece to CMBYN.

I just can’t get around the acceptance of cinematic sexualisation and objectification of young teenage men by homosexual ‘auteurs’ (- Salo or the 120 Days of Sodom is the benchmark of this kind of filth) especially in this current climate where the reverse is seen as utterly unacceptable.

Blade Runner crushing these technical categories, really makes you wonder how it didn't get nominated.
Because the movie was boring as batshit, that's why it didn't get any nominations in the categories that count.

Some interesting results. I personally found Frances McDormand's performance in Three Billboards was too hard to really give that character any nuance. I would've given it to Saoirse Ronan. Same with Supporting Actress - Laurie Metcalf was better than Allison Janney IMO.

Get Out was the best film of the year IMO, but The Shape of Water was OK too.

Last edited:
My tips:-

Best Picture:- The Shape Of Water
Best Director:- Guillermo Del Toro (The Shape Of Water)
Best Actor:- Gary Oldman (Darkest Hour)
Best Actress:- Frances McDormand (3 Billboards....)
Best Supporting Actor:- Christopher Plummer (All The Money In The World)
Best Supporting Actress:- Alison Jannery (I, Tonya)

...who is going to win the Afl Gf and Melbourne Cup....great effort

The Florida Project really should've been in there in the place of Darkest Hour.

But yes, Roger Deakins finally winning an Oscar after 14 (beautifully filmed) nominations is probably the highlight so far.

Lowlight is the fake crying in the middle of that performance of This Is Me. Just a tad overwrought.

EDIT: 89 year old James Ivory also winning at long last was also a great thing.
Those kids were such little brats.

Because the movie was boring as batshit, that's why it didn't get any nominations in the categories that count.

Some interesting results. I personally found Frances McDormand's performance in Three Billboards was too hard to really give that character any nuance. I would've given it to Saoirse Ronan. Same with Supporting Actress - Laurie Metcalf was better than Allison Janney IMO.

Get Out was the best film of the year IMO, but The Shape of Water was OK too.
Boring clearly wasn't a deterrent to nomination. I mean The Darkest Hour got one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back