Movie 96th Academy Awards

What would get your vote for Best Picture?

• American Fiction

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Anatomy of a Fall

• The Holdovers

• Maestro

• Past Lives

• Poor Things

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Did anybody notice Slash playing the guitar next to Ryan Gosling near the end of "I'm Just Ken"?

I would say it's the strongest in some time, almost every nominee would have been a deserving winner. Very competitive year across all major categories.

Especially happy for D'avine Joy Randolph, she was great in The Holdovers

Mostly chalk, which I don't mind because I think all are mostly deserved.

Stone over Gladstone is the interesting one. Will need to revisit Poor Things as it's a film I liked a fair bit, but wouldn't necessarily say I loved. Covered some of the same terrain as Dogtooth, which I still rate as Yorgos' best. Emma was great, but came at a time when I thought she was doing career best work on The Curse.

But Lily in Killers is the kind of performance that is much more quiet and potentially dismissive in the moment. Until it isn't. Would've liked to see that get recognised, even though you could make a case that it's a role probably closer to supporting than it is lead.

Mostly chalk, which I don't mind because I think all are mostly deserved.

Stone over Gladstone is the interesting one. Will need to revisit Poor Things as it's a film I liked a fair bit, but wouldn't necessarily say I loved. Covered some of the same terrain as Dogtooth, which I still rate as Yorgos' best. Emma was great, but came at a time when I thought she was doing career best work on The Curse.

But Lily in Killers is the kind of performance that is much more quiet and potentially dismissive in the moment. Until it isn't. Would've liked to see that get recognised, even though you could make a case that it's a role probably closer to supporting than it is lead.
Will preface that I need to watch Poor Things so wont make comment re Stone's performance.

I dont usually care that much about who wins/loses oscars but was really hoping Gladstone won, it was such a moving and understated performance from a fairly new to the scene actress, and would have also been a well earnt historic moment.
I get what people are saying re her not being on screen all the time but she was still the heartbeat of the movie so I still think we she was a lead role.

Back