____ off malthouse your crap

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the most moronic thread I've ever seen posted anywhere in my life.

Without Malthouse you'll find that Collingwood's side is very, very ordinary. His tactics and player selections for certain positions are second to none.

Without him Collingwood would be a bottom 6 side.
It depends on who the coach is. If it was Tony Shaw I'd say yes, we could very well finish in the botton six. And by the way, without Buddy and Hodge IMO the Hawks would be a bottom six proposition.

It depends on who the coach is. If it was Tony Shaw I'd say yes, we could very well finish in the botton six. And by the way, without Buddy and Hodge IMO the Hawks would be a bottom six proposition.

How can I put this nicely....Thats absolute crap!

I know this is your board guys, but from outside it seems that MM is an amazing coach. You've come very close to three premierships. Also, near the end of H&A last year it wasn't looking too good, and yet you really switched it on come finals.

What he said, I think if you got rid of MM you would find yourselves crashing out of the 8 very quickly. Any team that could push the cats that far in the prelim last year based on what they had to do the week before is a well coached and well-drilled side.

I've said it before, we should do all we can to get Choko Williams back to the club.

I'm a huge Choco fan and would fully support the club pursuing him as a coach one day, however, this is very premature.

We lost today, none of which was MM's fault. We led by 25 points midway through the 3rd and should have capitalised but didn't.

Sure some umpiring decisions were dubious and proved costly, yet the bottom line remains we simply ran out of puff- 4 wins in a row and the magnitude of those wins- as MM and others have stated, you cannot maintain it throughout the entire season.

MM is a brilliant coach and has justified his position at the CFC.

The theme that disappoints me is the recurrence of defeats where we have led up until the end and been unable to capitalise when the game is close or in the balance. Kangaroos, Brisbane and now Carlton spring to mind.

Whilst we are very impressive against 'quality' (by that I mean the supposed contenders) opposition, losses to sides lesser or around the same mark as us constantly hurt us. It's more of a mental thing than anything else and it needs to be addressed and rectified asap.

I've said it before, we should do all we can to get Choko Williams back to the club.
And concede 38 point leads to the Blues like they did last week (and multiple times this season)? :confused:

Get a grip - Malthouse is an excellent coach. Took the club to two straight grand finals after it was in a horrible place late 90s (lost both, but the Brisbane team wasn't half bad) and only had to rebuild for a couple of seasons before being right back in the finals race.

Thank your lucky stars you don't have a spud like Lyon coaching your club...

Bloody hell, another stupid thread, cmon, the bloke has been nothing but good for our club.

Any sensible person knows that we are still in a rebuilding phase after the loss of players like Buckley, Licca and Clement, and changing a coach to a finals dud like Williams (do you want to lose a GF by 120 points?), would not improve us.

Anyway, it looks as if Eddie is pretty keen to get his lovechild bucks into MM's job, as soon as MM wants to leave.

MM will not be sacked, so just stop talking about that, 4 weeks ago, after the geelong game you would have called him a great coach.

Every other current coach that has been in his job as long as MM has delivered a flag.

He has had 8 years to build a list. We have never had a topline list in this time. We are 3-5 years away from a topline list now.

After the 2003 GF he said that we were "2-3 years ahead of schedule with this group, its mind blowing to think were we will be in the coming years"

He will not leave a list behind when he goes, so weather we sack him now or in 5 years, we will still have to build a team pretty much from scratch.

He is a great coach, but he has failed thus far. He is not coaching the Kangaroos, he does not have the same restrictions and limitations as the smaller clubs, but everyone looks at him as this poor coach battling with an average list. It's true, but after a decade you have to wonder why he hasn't built a list. Other coaches have destroyed him in this area, let him finish out his contract then let him go if he can't deliver a flag. We are falling behind the other melbourne based clubs with him at the helm.

People need to realise that making a grand final / preliminary final is not the same as a flag just because we are Collingwood!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon Malthouse externalises too much and it rubs off on the players...

As in, the players think it is out of their hands because the forces that be ie; the upmires control the game. Just my opinion...

I just hope that MM doesn't stick around that long that we will miss out on the premiership window and the man who should be the next Collingwood coach - Mr Nathan Buckley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back