A 100 goal season & Joe Daniher: is he overwhelmingly the most capable player of achieving it again?

Is Daniher overwhelmingly the only player capable of kicking 100 goals in a season?

• Yes

Votes: 25 15.8%
  • No

Votes: 133 84.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We'll take them both.

It gets cold in Tassie, they'll be begging us in no time.

Given one is from Tassie and the other spends most of his free time in the water between the Tassie and Victoria, I think they'd be right.

Anyway, back on track, are there more mutant creations from the farm of horrors up at Ungarie on the way?

Given one is from Tassie and the other spends most of his free time in the water between the Tassie and Victoria, I think they'd be right.

Anyway, back on track, are there more mutant creations from the farm of horrors up at Ungarie on the way?
I think Chris has a youngen in the Hird Academy, but still a while off and unsure of any talent due to age.

Bunch of Fletchers and Daveys on the way though

I love Daniher but he has been very disappointing this year. Whether they're playing him too deep (Like Hogan he plays his best footy when he can roam) or he is carrying an injury I'm not sure, but for a guy of his ability he has been very underwhelming. Also needs to get the diving forward crap out of his game, find it strange how the media barely mentions this yet Hogan did it when he was going through hell and he got slammed for it.

He is too good a player to keep playing at this average level, eventually he will explode this year and hit some form (Likely against us :( ).

I think Chris has a youngen in the Hird Academy, but still a while off and unsure of any talent due to age.

Bunch of Fletchers and Daveys on the way though

Touching that remains so.

But will be interesting to see the talent - father/son is one of the great things about footy.

Last edited:
Daniher has had knee problems during preseason and is clearly not right. He simply doesn't have the leap and mobility he usually does.

Keen observers might have notices that he has been putting his hands on the shoulders of defenders to try to get in the air, which is something he's never done before.

That clearly says to me that he is simply lacking his usual delta v that gets him orbital launch.

I'm not remotely surprised that people want to stick the boot in; tall poppy syndrome is an Australian special. But I stand by the OP 100%. It won't be this year, but Daniher is still the guy most likely.

And fwiw I love Brown as a player. He is such a beautiful kick for goal - it must be lovely just marking it down the minute he marks anywhere in the arc

Daniher has had knee problems during preseason and is clearly not right. He simply doesn't have the leap and mobility he usually does.

Keen observers might have notices that he has been putting his hands on the shoulders of defenders to try to get in the air, which is something he's never done before.

That clearly says to me that he is simply lacking his usual delta v that gets him orbital launch.

I'm not remotely surprised that people want to stick the boot in; tall poppy syndrome is an Australian special. But I stand by the OP 100%. It won't be this year, but Daniher is still the guy most likely.

And fwiw I love Brown as a player. He is such a beautiful kick for goal - it must be lovely just marking it down the minute he marks anywhere in the arc
If he’s injured badly enough that it impacts his game then he shouldn’t be playing, full stop. Either that or he’s not as good as you thought.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he’s injured badly enough that it impacts his game then he shouldn’t be playing, full stop. Either that or he’s not as good as you thought.
Derp.

It's not at all common to carry something that stops you from being 100%.

He's still able to play. He still kicks goals new still takes marks. He's still 7 foot tall.

He just can't leap and be as mobile as he normally can.

Your argument is poorly thought out and badly made

Derp.

It's not at all common to carry something that stops you from being 100%.

He's still able to play. He still kicks goals new still takes marks. He's still 7 foot tall.

He just can't leap and be as mobile as he normally can.

Your argument is poorly thought out and badly made
So you claim my argument is poorly thought out & badly made, then proceed to outline exactly why I made my point in the first place and the validity of my argument. He’s either not able to play to his best due to this injury and should take a spell (a week or two maybe) to recover until he is, or he’s been over-rated if the injury isn’t impacting him substantially. It’s poor injury management if true and if he were to sustain another while recovering that would set him back further. Unless of course he’s been overrated and is cherry ripe.

Yep. Both played ripper games. When looking at finals overall, Joe has 7 goals in 2 games and Brown 10 goals in 7 games.

This is an important point and one of the reasons for Brown's spike in development in 2017.

In the 2016 Elimination Final North was missing Waite and Petrie was playing his last game (for North), for one of the first times in his career the best defender was sent to Brown and Daniel Talia gave him an absolute bath in every marking contest on the big stage. It gave him an understanding of what was required to beat the best players, primarily being able to be a multi-dimensional player and not relying on his lead up/mark style.

He has worked on every facet of his game since that night, including ground balls and defensive pressure. The work ethic of Brown and continually striving to improve is one thing that sets him apart from Daniher who undoubtedly has more natural talent and will get by playing 200+ games in the seniors whether he gets better from here on or not.

Back