Prediction A bold prediction…

Remove this Banner Ad

My guess is you're 80 odd.
Feel like that some time but truth is 61 today. As I have seen 2 in that time and we aren’t looking like contending anytime soon to see more than 1 will be a positive outcome. Realistic unfortunately.

Feel like that some time but truth is 61 today. As I have seen 2 in that time and we aren’t looking like contending anytime soon to see more than 1 will be a positive outcome. Realistic unfortunately.
Happy B'day GC!

Did Sideswipe get you a case of Schadenfreude ?

Who is this sideswipe you speak of?
Don't know but he seems to be overflowing of Schadenfreude 97, a little tannic , north side of the vineyard I believe.

Don't know but he seems to be overflowing of Schadenfreude 97, a little tannic , north side of the vineyard I believe.
Ah that one. I’ve found he doesn’t take instruction kindly, and I do do it so kindly.

And most think I'm the pessimist on these boards, in all honesty we've had our chances all over the last 6 decades, and whatever has gotten in the way (mostly bad decisions from club, players etc at certain moments) is a result of, even among all that is that we've still contended more times than most.

Even after kyboshing our own what should've been a dynasty team, we still managed to get to a gf after poor trading and drafting etc.

We win our flags by weight of numbers, and unless that doesn't continues for the next 20 years like the blose (unlikely) then we'll win at least one before your time. We've contested 5 gfs in the last 19 years, more than most and is a pattern likely to continue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And most think I'm the pessimist on these boards, in all honesty we've had our chances all over the last 6 decades, and whatever has gotten in the way (mostly bad decisions from club, players etc at certain moments) is a result of, even among all that is that we've still contended more times than most.

Even after kyboshing our own what should've been a dynasty team, we still managed to get to a gf after poor trading and drafting etc.

We win our flags by weight of numbers, and unless that doesn't continues for the next 20 years like the blose (unlikely) then we'll win at least one before your time. We've contested 5 gfs in the last 19 years, more than most and is a pattern likely to continue.
Of course we have had chances. I’ve been to 12 Collingwood GFs for 2 wins.

It’s now an 18 team comp and maybe soon 19. That dilutes your chances compared to the past.

Have to say I can’t agree with your idea of mucking up a dynasty team. In 18 the cards fell well for us and we almost pinched a flag. That was the weakest GF team of Collingwood I have seen. We have mucked up since and are in a pretty big hole

I would love to see a dynasty type team, like I have seen the Blues, Hawks, Tigers, Lions and Cats have had in my time. We have had one since the 1920s/30s. There hard to do

Of course we have had chances. I’ve been to 12 Collingwood GFs for 2 wins.

It’s now an 18 team comp and maybe soon 19. That dilutes your chances compared to the past.

Have to say I can’t agree with your idea of mucking up a dynasty team. In 18 the cards fell well for us and we almost pinched a flag. That was the weakest GF team of Collingwood I have seen. We have mucked up since and are in a pretty big hole

I would love to see a dynasty type team, like I have seen the Blues, Hawks, Tigers, Lions and Cats have had in my time. We have had one since the 1920s/30s. There hard to do

Your point about team 2018 is exactly what I'm talking about. Even with that team and all the bs decisions leading up to that we STILL managed to make a gf. Even in an 18 team comp

IF we stop with self inflicting decisions like grubby, Beams, wells, soft cap etc. And because we can be well resourced there's no reason that this build and others into the future won't bare fruit.

Your point about team 2018 is exactly what I'm talking about. Even with that team and all the bs decisions leading up to that we STILL managed to make a gf. Even in an 18 team comp

IF we stop with self inflicting decisions like grubby, Beams, wells, soft cap etc. And because we can be well resourced there's no reason that this build and others into the future won't bare fruit.
No reason but as it stands all the other 17 clubs are in a position where they will argue their own reasons for potential success. Ir remains 18:1 in terms of number and we care currently at the back of the pack so many other lists are better poised for success in the next 5 years. Hopefully we move back up but as Carlton, Ess, Adel have shown well resourced clubs can go decades without flag success.

I think its folly to think we will just rise because we are a big club.

No reason but as it stands all the other 17 clubs are in a position where they will argue their own reasons for potential success. Ir remains 18:1 in terms of number and we care currently at the back of the pack so many other lists are better poised for success in the next 5 years. Hopefully we move back up but as Carlton, Ess, Adel have shown well resourced clubs can go decades without flag success.

I think its folly to think we will just rise because we are a big club.

I wasn't suggesting that, we're at the start of a build, with the resources we can have and combine that with smart operating, not the fk up it has been it can succeed. Not now but mid decade

Macrae and N Daicos combined play push Sidebottom out of the 22 before the end of next season

Macrae and N Daicos combined play push Sidebottom out of the 22 before the end of next season
To be honest rather than push Sidebottom out I would like to see Steele get his form back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back