Strategy A Call to Arms - Ammunition Required

Remove this Banner Ad

Mr Peabody

Club Legend
Sep 3, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I could really do with some help from the seasoned campaigners around here.

As a background, I have a mate that follows the ‘team down the road’ and he typically fires up well in advance of the season with his wild predictions (we all have at least one of these mates). This year, he’s going early and is claiming that they have a great list which only late in the season harnessed the new coach’s game plan. Last year, he was very excited after the preseason scratchy at Joondalup and a few rounds into the home and away season, he was champing at the bit to the point where his excitement had reached palpable levels.

Once they inevitably fall in a hole a few rounds in, I’m fine as I relish kicking this man when he is down.

But right now, I am short on material and I need some new ammunition in the weeks ahead as I embark on my annual endeavours of trying to educate this fool.

Accordingly, can you please post anything useful that might help my cause. Something along these lines is an example of what has been helpful in the past:-

WC Trophy Cabinet.jpg

I extend my gratitude in advance and apologise to those who might be offended by this campaign.

I could really do with some help from the seasoned campaigners around here.

As a background, I have a mate that follows the ‘team down the road’ and he typically fires up well in advance of the season with his wild predictions (we all have at least one of these mates). This year, he’s going early and is claiming that they have a great list which only late in the season harnessed the new coach’s game plan. Last year, he was very excited after the preseason scratchy at Joondalup and a few rounds into the home and away season, he was champing at the bit to the point where his excitement had reached palpable levels.

Once they inevitably fall in a hole a few rounds in, I’m fine as I relish kicking this man when he is down.

But right now, I am short on material and I need some new ammunition in the weeks ahead as I embark on my annual endeavours of trying to educate this fool.

Accordingly, can you please post anything useful that might help my cause. Something along these lines is an example of what has been helpful in the past:-

View attachment 89505

I extend my gratitude in advance and apologise to those who might be offended by this campaign.
You can always use - the egirls have not beaten a top 8 finishing team for over two (it is possibly three now ) years, so how do expect them to make the eight.

e2nvuhg.gif

You're missing a big opportunity here.

Talk em up and then shake your head talking about how we are in disarray - Round 1 pick delisted, you've heard a rumour Sylvia is going to be captain etc.

Talk him into believing it all and then strike faster than a cobra who has just joined the MUA ....lay a few cartons at evens for ladder position at years end. s**t - maybe ask for odds.

You're missing a big opportunity here.

Talk em up and then shake your head talking about how we are in disarray - Round 1 pick delisted, you've heard a rumour Sylvia is going to be captain etc.

Talk him into believing it all and then strike faster than a cobra who has just joined the MUA ....lay a few cartons at evens for ladder position at years end. s**t - maybe ask for odds.

The whole lot of them are dirty,low down welchers who have never been known to pay up on a bet so that build up would be pointless

The whole lot of them are dirty,low down welchers who have never been known to pay up on a bet so that build up would be pointless

Now we know where your name comes from ....bad betting experiences

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mainwaring was a nice bloke, and as a recovered drug addict myself I can tell you it can happen to anyone. I know Doctors, lawyers, fishermen, media types, musicians, sports people, priests, men women, gay, straight, black, white yellow, christian, moslem, atheist, agnostic every which way of humanity in recovery from addiction.
Please don't be going there. Who knows if his kids read this site or others that were closer to him than I was.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back